Page 1 of Aldi.........Tevion wireless video/audio sender

Bargain Buckets Forum

Aldi.........Tevion wireless video/audio sender

showman35 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 14:01

Hi all,

Aldi have these for sale from this morning, I`ve just got mine at £29.99, and I must say I`m pretty impressed,made by Medion,comes with all the bells and whistles all in all pretty damn good value for money, so get down there they`ll have sold out by this evening. mark my words! ;)

RE: Aldi.........Tevion wireless video/audio sender

tonyk100 (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 20:44

again aldi delivers

I`ve got mine but so far not impressed I`ve got sound signal but not picture and the interferance makes one of my sony tvs speakers hum

I`ll press on and take them back If I can`t solve it

Aldis still worth keeping an eye on

fastshow (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 21:12

Have you tried changing the channel on the sender & receiver. If they are the same as the last ones Aldi had, there are 4 seperate frequencies you can select. I have a Sony TV and it works fine.

HTH,

Fastshow.

Funkymonkey (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 21:59

I bought a GigaAir 2424 AV sender/receiver from Maplin a fortnight ago, also on offer at £29.99 (they had loads, so it`s probably still available at that price).

No complaints with it so far - telescopic aerial seems less prone to interferrence than the `disk` type fitted to the 2020 model I bought from them last year (which has now been relegated to the PC).

Drawback is that you only get 3.5mm jack to SCART cables in the box, so if you need anything other than SCART you`ll need to pay out for adaptors (the instructions mention an RCA connection option, but it`s not included).

Looks similar to the Medion, but not so similar they are the same (if you know what I mean). I know Aldi have a good returns policy, so I recommend you might consider the GigaAir type if you decide to take it back.

Atman (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 23:21

I just bought this hoping it would solve my problem of taking my Sky+ to my bedroom and use the remote controll, i get picture and sound but no remkote control even when the IR diode is alogned and 1cm from the sky+IR receiver, as advised by the handbook. Every time i use my remote upstairs via the sender it just fuzzes when i press a key, otherwise the picture and sound are great...

Anyone any ideas ????

Dissappointed >:(

showman35 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 08:48

Dear atman

I`ve found it takes a bit of time getting IR diode in correct position if you perserve it does work just have to fiddle a bit! :/

Funkymonkey (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 09:50

I also really struggled getting the IR transmitter working with my Daewoo Freeview box - just wasn`t anywhere convenient to mount it.

I ended up routing it through the Daewoo and Gaffer taping the IR `bulb` to the inside of the black window on the front, right opposite the IR receiver - now it works a treat! The black plastic housing on the IR transmitter easily splits apart with a little pressure to the seam. Taking the housing off the transmitter means I can still get a response using the remote directly with the box - otherwise it would have blocked receiver completely.

Daewoo were even thoughtful enough to provide a small square hole at the back of their DS608P (next to the SCART socket), which saved me having to make a new one for the cable to exit through - these Korean chaps think of everything!

tonyk100 (Competent) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 20:01

well I`ve just boxed it back up to take back, I could get the sound but no picture whatsoever.

Yes I`ve got a spagetti nest of wires under the TV but I recon it might be faulty, surely it wouldn`t be all picture or nothing should it not even a ghosty image. I`ve tried all frequencies and apart from lugging the 2nd TV downstairs and beaming the signal 2 metres across the room I can`t think of anything else to try.

Could it be my Tevion digital phones (another Aldi bargin) drowning out the video signal ?

Should I try a replacement in your opinion, or am I expecting to much, I want a picture that looks resonable on a 25` Sony up one flight of stairs.

5melville (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 21:30

ive just bought one.got audio and video working but no ir.pulling my hair out with it so it looks like its back to aldi for refund.shame really cos quite impressed with it.

showman35 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 21:44

Dear 5melville,

the IR sensor has to be positioned 1cm away from whichever reciever unit sensor your using, dont stick it over the top of your sensor cos it wont work

Showman

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads