Page 1 of www.looking4dvds.com

Retailer Reviews Forum

www.looking4dvds.com

chris_n17 (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 1st April 2005, 16:46

Dear Everyone:

A warning re a scam site: looking4dvds.com

I have ordered several DVD`s from them, after being referred from a reputable site, the decision based on their pricing and delivery details.

Shock, horror - they have not sent the goods, despite debiting my card and are refusing to reply to emails and do not answer their 0845 and mobile number.

The company is owned by Supercom Ltd and are based in Stockport.

The matter has been referred to Stockport Trading Standards, who I understand from postings on other sites, have already been made aware of this company. In addition to this, I have filed a report with the Met Police detailing possible Deception and Internet Fraud - this is now under investigation.

I would stronly suggest that YOU DO NOT have any dealings with this company as they are obviously not living up to their promised standards.

Chris

RE: www.looking4dvds.com

jeffthegun (Elite) posted this on Friday, 1st April 2005, 18:26

You werent FWD`d there from Kelkoo by any chance? They are f***ers for that.

I Dont know Karate...but I know Ker-azy!
What im listening to (if youre interested)

sward (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 6th April 2005, 10:54

Unfortunately it is too late for me. I`ve been waiting over 3 weeks now for my order from looking4dvds, fortunately it was only £7. Guess I can give up now though

sward (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 6th April 2005, 12:03

According to Whois.net the person/company that owns the website is:
Supercom Ltd
Mark Danby (sesirpretneesrog[at]ku.oc.oohay)
+1.4401614845008
Fax: +44.01614845008
20 Briarwood Crescent
Marple
Stockport, Cheshire SK6 7LL
GB

That website is being hosted by flexiplanhosting.com
Now this is where it gets interesting.

Flexiplanhosting.com is owned by:

gorsesoft
gorse matt
49 malwood road west
hythe
southampton, hants so45 5df
GB
+44.7734074700
83757[at]ten.gkg.siohw

Anyone else see the "gorse" continuity here.....

Probably explains why the website is still up, it`s being hosted by the fraudalent company/person.

AVENS15 (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 14th April 2005, 00:35

Yes I got skanked by them also.........what a waste of time having chip and pin when they can rip you off with ease.AND once they have your card details they can go on charging your card without your authority when it suits them........I learned the hard way and had to have the card blocked and a new one issued

INTERNET BUYERS BEWARE

Guyonahi (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 19th April 2005, 21:23

I ordered from them recently. I tried on numerous occasions to contact them and all I got was one email that said one of my two DVDs had gone onto backorder.

Although the email appeared to come from them, hitting Reply prompted the email:
3ybnad.kram[at]moc.dlrowltn

I tried sending to this but got a bounceback.

My only saving grace is that I paid using PayPal so I have a dispute filed with them at the moment. Hopefully the PayPal protection will get me a refund.

My balance was a little over £11.00 but if they keep getting small orders like this and not sending anything out, nice little "alleged" scam :o

http://www.TheBidScreen.co.uk

partyweb (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 23rd April 2005, 20:11

Guyonahi said:
Quote:
My only saving grace is that I paid using PayPal so I have a dispute filed with them at the moment. Hopefully the PayPal protection will get me a refund.

Sorry, I don`t think paypal are going to get you a refund. See this thread on another forum:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1618972&postcount=17

Regards,
Valentino

- - - Planning A Party? - - -
www.partyweb.co.uk

looking4dvds (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 26th April 2005, 16:56

Hi,

I can assure everyone that we are not a scam. I must however apologise to the customers that have sufferered a long delay in recent weeks. This is due to a failiure in our systems that has caused us to fall behind with a signifcant number of orders.

We have been trading since 2003 and have many happy customers. Normal service will be resumed soon. Customers who are waiting will receive their order and those that have requested a refund will be refunded.

Regards

Mark Danby
Looking4dvds.com
Customer Support

partyweb (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 27th April 2005, 23:15

So why is my order (no: 8183) still listed as processing on your site.

And how come you have never responded to my emails or telephone messages?

And what is the issue with paypal (see above forum link) and them not being able to recover any funds from your paypal account?

Regards,
Valentino

- - - Planning A Party? - - -
www.partyweb.co.uk

This item was edited on Thursday, 28th April 2005, 00:27

mikebunting (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 5th May 2005, 21:11

I had been waiting for about a month for a dvd from looking4dvds and was starting to get worried. I searched the net and found this site together with the contact information so last night I rang him. I explained that I wished to have a refund and he agreed to do this. Checking my bank account today shows that the money has been refunded! Just thought my experience may be helpful to the rest of the group.
Kind regards
Mike Bunting

Go back to Retailer Reviews Forum threads, or All Forum threads