Page 1 of JVC 521,522 or 523

Hardware Forum

JVC 521,522 or 523

JoJoBhoy (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 26th November 2000, 09:50

Does anyone have any info on JVCs DVD. They seem cheap enough from techtronics. Do they play MP3s ??

Joe

RE: JVC 521,522 or 523

Jerry O (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 27th November 2000, 21:09

Mp3`s sorry no.
I look at this player but couldn`t find a review on any British site - only
American one`s.Same player I suppose but the reviews were rather mixed.
Liked the idea of Macrovision defeat as well.
But if you want Mp3 go for the LG or Aiwa.

If you do go for the JVC please put up a reveiw.

Cheers
Jerry.

Loz (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Monday, 27th November 2000, 23:08

I`ve owned a JVC 523 for a couple of weeks, and was not impressed at all, granted it plays VCD`s and reads CD-R`s, macro off, multi region but the playback quality is poor in the sense it`s not crisp due to the fact it can`t output RGB only s-video.
Also the remote looks nice but is a ball ache, you have to press a shift key to access many of the functions like fast forward and rewind!

The only reason I got one in the first play was because I have the matching JVC 32" TV which is gold like the player.

But fortunately so is the wonderful Aiwa DV370 which totally wipes the floor with the JVC 523, honestly it’s that much better. And if you can live without the macrovision disable feature, what are you waiting for.

skinswin (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 29th November 2000, 01:04

Quick Question. I have a JVC 523BK and noticed you mentioned that you can turn off the macro. Is this correct? I`d like to copy a dvd to vhs to take on a vacation for my kids to watch in the van. Any help with the macrovision lines/squigglies would be appreciated.

Jeff

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads