Page 1 of 50 DVD-R spindle packs...£9.01 from Staples!!! - Now BOGOF!

Bargain Buckets Forum

50 DVD-R spindle packs...£9.01 from Staples!!! - Now BOGOF!

abraxas (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 14th July 2005, 16:23

Well I don`t know about the Samsung +R discs, but I went to my local staples today, (Thursday), and asked for a price check on two tubs, saying that I saw on the `net that it was "buy one get one free".

So the cashier scans them through, and sure enough, 2 x 50 spindles for 9.01!

Dunno if it`s a local glitch or what, but worth checking out!

RE: 50 DVD-R spindle packs...£9.01 from Staples!!! - Now BOGOF!

bytemaster (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 14th July 2005, 22:25

Just picked up 2 packs at the Bournemouth Branch. Sales assistant said the offer starts next week, but when scanned the BOGOF is already active on the system. 9p per disc can`t be bad.

Thanks to abraxas for the post.

BTW. They had a 26" Medion LCD TV at £499, I didn`t like the styling but the picture looked quite good in the store.

Curious99 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 14th July 2005, 22:27

hi Abraxas,

if they are pleomax 8`s or be-all 16`s they are very good value indeed - buy plenty - thats 9 pence a disc, have a superb dye (OPTODISCOR8, which is grey) and are printable

more info at www.samsungpleomax.com

if you have a catalogue - can u tell me what the number is pls? im gonna order some up

This item was edited on Friday, 15th July 2005, 01:07

abraxas (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 09:57

Hi Curious

They are pleomax discs with the optodiscor8 dye.

Don`t have a catalogue sorry, but the receipt shows a code of 380347 for the DVD-R discs.

Curious99 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 11:49

cheers

sj (Elite) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 11:53

Do you have any infolinks on how good this dye is? Compared to Ritek for example?

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Alistair (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 11:53

Damn, Our Office World in Edinburgh won`t offically be a staples til the end of the month - phoned them up to see if they had this deal :(

Boiledbrain (Elite) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 13:05

Just nipped into the Warrington branch + they had loads of them "+" and "-" , asked the cashier if they were BOGOF + sure enough they were.. £9.01 for 100 blank dvd`s is a great bargain ... thanks again

Andy_R (Elite) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 13:19

One thing!......How come they`re not advertised as BOGOF?? I bought mine last week and am now wondering if they had this offer on then! If so then in a way I`ve been ripped off!!!! >:(

abraxas (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 15th July 2005, 14:05

I think that the promotion isn`t due to start until next week, but the POS software has the info programmed in for this week?

I only found out because I`d bought 2 on wednesday and saw when I got home that it was marked "discount - 9.01".So in again on thursday to check, and yes, it is BOGOF.

Guess they`ll be flying off the shelves. Watch out though - they mix the +R with the -R tubs on the pallet, so double check what you`re buying!

Sorry Andy, but if you hadn`t posted, then I wouldn`t have gone in and bought 2 tubs, (and more) ;) and started this thread... .

This item was edited on Friday, 15th July 2005, 15:19

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads