Page 1 of Sky+ £49 with refurbed box

Bargain Buckets Forum

Sky+ £49 with refurbed box

mattwhite1 (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 24th May 2005, 22:23

No installation costs, No Multiroom, just £49 all in.

I went on and told them that my mate had this, and can I have it, they said no problems, fitting on 2nd June :D

Credit goes to someone over at the dvdforums for this one.

RE: Sky+ £49 with refurbed box

Hulkster (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 06:48

Can you provide more details? Ive been over to the dvd forums site, but couldnt find the post you were talking about. It looks like a rather tasty bargain :)

Muchos Thanks

Neil

Whatcha gonna do brother?

Jibba (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 08:45

Sounds like a great deal - taken from Digital Spy.........

Yesterday Sky were allowing existing customers to purchase for £49 a refurbished Sky+ box with out multi-room. Must have some premium channels and you get a new 12 month contract. Box comes with 12 warranty.

As usual with Sky they make you jump through hoops to get it. The only department which can give you the offer are the cancellation department. Some people are having to pretend to wish to cancel etc. Apparently the messgage poster choose the more direct approach which was to let them now I knew the deal existed and they just transferred me to cancellations. They immediately offered the deal.

This item was edited on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 10:00

Bullitt79 (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 09:00

Whats the cheapest package you could have, to be able to get the offer?

And ive only been with sky for about 6 months, so i couldnt really threaten to cancel as ive got a 12 month contract.

Though they didnt recently mess me around with a stupid offer that backfired. they let me have the full package for £1.50 a week. for 3 months and told me i could cancel any time.

1st they tried to bill me £60 for the month, and then when i called to cancel they advised i needed to give 31 days notice. so i just canceled my DD and sent them a cheque for the normal package fee.

"I don`t want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying."
Woody Allen

mattwhite1 (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 09:51

yeah, sorry for the brief info guys.

I think that you will opnly be able to pull this off if your contract has run at least 12 months, otherwise they can bill you for the cost of the current box that you have.

I firstly asked to be put through to the cancellations dept and as soon as I got there I just came out with the blurb. They offered no argument and within 5 mins I had paid and arranged fitting.

I didnt realise that you had to get a new dish with it, I was going to buy a Sky+ box off ebay and fit it myself.

mickymcd2 (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 09:56

what is the minimum cost to have sky + per month?

mattwhite1 (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 09:56

You have to have at least 1 of the premium channels, so I currently pay £33 for the sports package

Ryderage (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 10:19

Quote:
refurbished Sky+ box

Read over at the avforums, you`ll find there`s a big difference in the performance / image quality between the different manufacturers of Sky+ boxes. Personally i`m gonna give it a miss until the new Sky+ HiDef boxes come thru.

Also it`s not a new dish that`s needed for sky+ it`s a twin or quad LMB (the `sensor` which is on the pole facing your dish) and these can be had on ebay for £15 or is `included` in with a sky+ installation.

Rikki

BritishBeef (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 10:23

Quote:
Read over at the avforums, you`ll find there`s a big difference in the performance / image quality between the different manufacturers of Sky+ boxes. Personally i`m gonna give it a miss until the new Sky+ HiDef boxes come thru.

Rikki - Where is this discussed on Avforums? Do you have a link? I`m interested in this but if quality is an issue I might not bother.

Regards,
Geoff.
Geoff Delderfield Photography

Hulkster (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2005, 10:52

Yay! Sky caved in a did me the offer. I think they suspect a scam as they seem to have had a few the last couple of days. They might make you jump through hoops, but to be fair to the staff, they want to help but cant until you say the magic words "I want to cancel". Thanks to the OP!!!!!

Neil

Whatcha gonna do brother?

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads