Arsenal 23/24 season
last post by Snaps
[VIDEO] Tales Of The Jedi
last post by admars
[VIDEO] Rebel Moon
last post by admars
[VIDEO] Deadpool & Wolverine
last post by Par Mizan

Page 1 of BA: A better than free contract on Orange???

Bargain Buckets Forum

BA: A better than free contract on Orange???

Reestit Mutton (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 30th March 2005, 16:33

It`s been a while since I have undertaken a full round-up of what`s available cheaply on Orange contract at the moment. Well, I`ve just updated the orange contract pricing tables on my website - while it`s still not exhaustive, it`s quite extensive nonetheless. You can find the full list here:

http://www.reestit-mutton.co.uk/MOBILES/CONTRACT/orange.html

However, there are one or two particularly interesting deals that are worth mentioning up front:

DEAL 1
======

Retailer: Mobiles UK
Handset: SE T290i
Network: Orange
Tariff: OVP Anytime 100 (£22/month)

The Financial details:
======================
3 months 1/2 price from network
£249 cashback from retailer (100% after 7 months)
TOTAL COST (after cashback): MINUS £18
MONTHLY COST (after cashback): MINUS £1.50

Itemised billing is £1.50/month but it is optional - simply cancel it with the service provider (Ortange) once you`ve got the phone.

Non-affiliate link:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L1BA467CA

Yes...(after cashback) you ARE being paid to take this contract. No, you won`t have to change down to a less than useless tariff in order to get the benefit of this deal - this is costed on the basis that you simply remain with the original tariff for 12 months. Nice and simple.

However, there is a slight problem with this deal, and that is that the phone is STILL stuck in QA at Orange (despite it being advertised on PAYG on Orange`s website). For this reason, Mobiles UK have it listed as "coming soon" and have done so for a while now (about 2 weeks, to be precise).

However, I have done a little investigating and Mobiles UK has assured me that this deal is not going to change come 01 April as Orange is not going to be changing its sales commission or the 3 months 1/2 price offer on this tariff next month. They therefore consider it safe to take back orders for this handset while waiting for the handset to be released.

What`s more, should there be an issue with handset availability such that the commission structures or consumer offering do change while you are waiting for stock availability (e.g. once released, it might be in very short supply relative to the length of their back-orders list), unlike certain other retailers they will either ride out the commission change or, if it`s financially impossible to do so, they will notify you of any necessary change to the deal and offer you an option to cancel at that point - what they most certainly WON`T do (unlike certain other retailers that we know of) is simply deliver the phone with a reduced cashback element without telling you.

DEAL 2:
=======

Retailer: Mobiles UK
Handset: Nokia 3120 + camera attachment
Network: Orange
Tariff: OVP Anytime 100 (£22/month)

The Financial details:
======================
3 months 1/2 price from network
£229 cashback from retailer (100% after 7 months)
TOTAL COST (after cashback): £2
MONTHLY COST (after cashback): £0.17

Basically...it might as well be called FREE for all it costs.

Non-affiliate link:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y6EA257CA

Again, this handset is listed on the Mobiles UK website as "coming soon". However, Mobiles UK know of no QA issues outstanding with this handset and believe that it`s delivery is likely to be imminent. Again, they are happy to take back orders now as they know that the current level of commission on this deal will remain throughout April, as will the consumer offer of 3 months 1/2 price line rental.

HtH
RM
--
If you`re happy to use them,
I also have affiliate links for these deals on my website:
http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~lauriem/latest_additions.html#3003200501

RE: BA: A better than free contract on Orange???

diverse (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 30th March 2005, 23:16

RM, i am probably going to regret asking this but what does BA: mean?

On Boots i thought it meant Boots Advantage but mobiles???

Reestit Mutton (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 31st March 2005, 07:56

[B]argain [A]lert.

RM

Matt123 (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 31st March 2005, 17:42

I thought it meant a previous offer was B-ack A-gain!

....doh! i`m so stoopid!

LOL

Matt

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads