Page 1 of kitkat kitkash promo loooks crazy!
this thread has been closed

Bargain Buckets Forum

kitkat kitkash promo loooks crazy!

tunesurfer (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 16th January 2005, 17:15

Dunno if this makes sense or is just a scam from kitkat (nestle). On promo packs and bars of chocolate you get codes which you enter on the site to get points. Now i got 500 points for 5 bars - you then bid on stuff that is in auctions on the site - a rucksack from sky sports about 3000 points ect - now in my local petrol station bars are 2 for 50p special offer - my son says it works out about £10 to get the rucksack which is a bargain as you have all the chocs to eat as well. BUT GET THIS I just saw a pegueot car go for about 16000 points - now is it me or does thaty come to about £80 - and theres loads of other stuff including holidays / electricals / sports stuff ect. I have a feeling that because it is new most poeple dont yet have enough points and so stuff are being given away. If this is for real there will be no kitkats on the shelf soon lolz. Oh well check it out it may all be a scam but here you go the site is below you need to register to see the auctions i think.

www.kitkash.co.uk

RE: kitkat kitkash promo loooks crazy!

bigtone191 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 16th January 2005, 17:45

Blimey that does sound crazy!! and at 2 for 50p i worked it out the car is £40!!?? Is it full size or remote control??
May have to check this out!!
Bang goes the diet :o)

WRabbit (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 16th January 2005, 18:10

Been monitoring this all week. Yes it seems like brilliant deals, but it`s largely luck - not how much you`ve spent.

It`s not like eBay with proxy bids. You can only bid 100 KitKash over the previous bid. So for everything won it means at least 2 of you were trying to win with similar amounts of KitKash

Early bids are worthless - they only serve to push the auction out of reach of some people. There is always 1 person with a similar amount as you.

It`s basically fastest finger first at the end of the auction - and there`s a lot of you going for the thing! So don`t go out spending a fortune on Kit Kats, because it really is luck of the draw. Only spend what you`re prepared to risk (or eat as Kit Kats) as there is no guarantee you will come out of it with anything.

The car that went for a silly amount went up as a 5 minute auction. The previous car was a `proper` auction ie not 5 minutes and went for over 250 000 points (£500). That`s still great, but it`s a lot to risk as at least 2 people were competing for it.

There is at least one 5 minute auction per day, but often these are for things like Troy DVDs or rucksacks...

We`ve been in at the last minute for about 12 things - and not won one yet (including the `cheap` car). It all depends on who hits `bid` last.

This item was edited on Sunday, 16th January 2005, 18:17

bigkahunas (Competent) posted this on Sunday, 16th January 2005, 18:25

I`m going to a couple of local garages now to go clear them out of Kit Kats, dont even like them, but i want the credits!

wudif (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 25th January 2005, 15:32

8) It is pretty cool though - you don`t have to bid for stuff. You can buy stuff outright too. There`s a Eurostar offer on where you can get 2 for 1, it`s only 500 points and I reckon you save around 80 quid on free ticket. I`m happy to eat a couple of Kit Kats to get to Paris.....Save the £80 for shopping!!!!

jezbar (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 25th January 2005, 17:14

WRabbit you are spot on - I just watched the last minute of an auction for a washing machine and saw the bid rise by 10000 points - or in bid terms 100 bids

Definately the luck of the draw.

It would also appear that there are many people out there with 300000 points plus so they have spent £600 plus on kit kats! that is the equivalent of approximately 6000 2 finger kit kats - some chocolate mountain!

Jibba (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 26th January 2005, 20:59

A guy where I work got wind of this offer and bought £950 worth of kit kats.... he has had got loads of stuff in the 1st week, wide screen tv`s, dvd players etc ( he and is flat mate are on the list of winners) - he has should make a profit on all the goods hes got (if he can shift them as he plans to flog them on) - when there pros like this in the game - what chance have you got!

Tunes (Competent) posted this on Saturday, 29th January 2005, 21:35

Anyone who is interested in this promo should get to Asda.
12 x 4 finger packs. £2.38 And I think it is worth 1250 points.

At around 20p per bar this is a delicious bargain.

Tunes

Me fail English? That`s unpossible!

This item was edited on Sunday, 30th January 2005, 05:16

way2good (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 1st February 2005, 16:04

I`ve been doing the auctions from quite early on, and the points you have to use up in order to get some items are getting ridiculous.
A heater has just gone for 69,400 points, which works out between £123 and £230 worth of kitkats. And the item on the suppliers website (QED-UK) is only worth £23.99. People must really love kitkats to justify that!

I`ve manage to get so far:-
3 DVDs of Troy (1 for my mum, rest to sell)
1 DVD of The whole ten yards
2 Sky Sports bags
2 Troy T-shirts (for tall skinny people)
as well as some money off vouchers and a smack-down poster

(I got miffed off at missing my intended Sky+ auction, so decided to use up my points)

way2good (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 1st February 2005, 21:10

Crazy about the amount of kitkats being bought. A car went for 1,080,100 points, thats over £2,000 in chocolate. Think how long that took to enter the codes in too!!

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads