Page 1 of Skyworth 3650 Divx/DVD player thread

Hardware Forum

Skyworth 3650 Divx/DVD player thread

hongkongphooey (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 19th November 2004, 15:09

You may be interested in this spotted on MSE :

chococat wrote :
"WHSmiths are selling the Skyworth DivX/DVD (Model 3650) Player for £49 instore and £39 online.

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/WHS/Go.asp?isbn=30634459&DB=622

Looks like a nice price

They are advertising it instore as being multi-region too! "

Go via the egg shop (egg cardholders) and get 10% instant rebate to your egg card. I understand you can get things delivered to your local store for free too.

This item was edited on Sunday, 26th December 2004, 23:20

RE: DivX player (MultiRegion maybe) £39 / £35 at whsmiths online

mickymcd2 (Elite) posted this on Friday, 19th November 2004, 16:56

nice spot m8 just orderd one for my m8 i purchased a divx player thuther week :o cost me £60 nice to see this one has echo etc mic input for karaoke should be a good seller this ;)

hongkongphooey (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 19th November 2004, 18:36

Nps - just passing on the info. Tell me about it - I paid £73 a while back.... but it`s a real useful bit of kit.

IndianaJones00 (Competent) posted this on Friday, 19th November 2004, 18:41

What chipset is it using as I have a DK 339 and it has a few problems so I decided to get another player which was the Sumvision N820 and it has the exact same problems and I think it is down to the chipset.

Bob.C (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 19th November 2004, 20:59

Hello,

Seen it in store and its a lovely looking machine & seems heavy and well built (though this could just be coz they filled it with bricks to give an air of quality).
Has two Mic inputs for Karaoke though no mention on the box as to whether it supports CD+G... Not a problem if your collection is on VCD or DVD though.
There`s a full compliment of connectors on the back including a set of phono jacks for the 5.1.
The boxes I saw in the trafford centre strangely had no mention of Divx compatibility in the print- rather it was on a tiny sticker slapped on the front; almost like it was a secondary feature!!!
Anyway.... I can`t find much out about it online at all... though purely as a guess, it seems to have an air of Yamada about it (i.e. the internal gubbins being the same)... Don`t quote me though.

Here is a link for the the manufacturers website...

http://www.skyworth-smi.com/English/avproducts/DVD.htm

Nothing is given away about it really.... and there certainly doesn`t look like there would be any firmware support.

The company is also registered with Divx.com so I guess their players must have passed the certification process.

Hope this info is of some help.

regards.

Bob.C

This item was edited on Friday, 19th November 2004, 21:02

Digiteer3 (Competent) posted this on Friday, 26th November 2004, 03:07

Has anyone tested one of these yet please?
If so, how is the quality?

Also, are they multiregion out of the box?

I only ask as the Region management info on both the Box and the manual states "Region 2" - my local branch didn`t know unfortunately :/

TIA
Regards
Dig

Dance Like A Monkey (Elite) posted this on Friday, 26th November 2004, 07:41

I have two of these arriving today (hopefully!), so I will let you know when they turn up.

I am only really going to be using this to play Div X `s and will continue to use my LG for normal DVDs, so I am not to bothered if it isn`t multiregion. But it will go straight back if it struggles with Div X decoding!

Don`t think of yourself as an ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey!

CraigAFC (Competent) posted this on Friday, 26th November 2004, 08:11

Link to the manufacturers website not working... :(

A friend of mine has both the Skyworth and the Yamada 6600 and he says they are identical!!

This item was edited on Friday, 26th November 2004, 08:12

hkphooey (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 26th November 2004, 08:39

No Longer for sale via the website link :(

stay cool but don`t freeze

Spen (Competent) posted this on Friday, 26th November 2004, 08:39

If you follow the link to this on the wh smith website, it now says "Sorry, the product you have selected is no longer for sale. ".
Shame really, as I`ve only just spotted this and might have been tempted.

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads