Page 1 of E-pilot touch screen remote for £39:99, £30:00 off

Bargain Buckets Forum

E-pilot touch screen remote for £39:99, £30:00 off

Mrs Dave (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 26th February 2003, 21:09

A very nice learning remote control, no PC conection, so you have to work with what you get, but it seems good to me.

Despite the disclaimer on Maplins site we programmed in all our NTL Pace digital cable box commands we wanted to use without any problems

go to: http://www.maplin.co.uk and look at the top left item on the home page, csn`t seem to link to it directly

Dave

RE: E-pilot touch screen remote for £39:99, £30:00 off

stagger lee (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 26th February 2003, 21:49

This is the same as my Cambridge Audio M1 Multimedia Explorer, just with a different badge!
I can highly recommend it, especially @ £40, but mine doesn`t work with my Pace digibox supplied by telewest......Mrs Dave must have a different model I guess (think mine is the 4000 series).

Blister_69 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 27th February 2003, 14:14

Thanks Mrs Dave!! Just picked mine up, and particularly like the macro function. Programming it will probably take a while, but once its done its done.

Cheers!!

kywy (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 27th February 2003, 16:48

Bought one of these last year from Maplin and at first I thought it was excellent ( although it only works with newer 4200 series pace boxes which have no RCA audio out terminals.)
Unfortunately after very little use, the fast battery drain off ( despite only using best quality batteries ) meant it lost commands and it would miss out more and more parts of macros, it even lost every programmed command once, which all had to be reinstalled. Eventually it got so frustrating not knowing if it would work I returned it to Maplin who didn`t seem surprised at my complaint and who were good enough to give me a refund after 2/3 months.
My only qualifying comment is that the distance from seating to my equipment is about 3 metres so perhaps for those sitting closer it would be less of a problem.
Incidently, after trying several other rather more expensive remotes the best one I`ve found cost about a fiver from Aldi`s last year which although not a learning remote is an 8 in 1 universal and is still on the original batteries. ;-)) P.

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads