[VIDEO] Tales Of The Jedi
last post by admars
[VIDEO] Rebel Moon
last post by admars

Page 1 of 64mb MP3 Player

Bargain Buckets Forum

64mb MP3 Player

movie_buff (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 14:28

Doe`s anyone know anything about the mp3 player that play.com are selling @ £49.99 (they say it`s the smallest mp3 player in the world!!)

RE: 64mb MP3 Player

OBzilla! (Competent) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 15:06

where`s this? I can`t find it on the play website.

<OB>

movie_buff (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 15:25

Just type mp3 player in the search box & search it under PC games.

Jagdpanther (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 15:35

I noticed this as well, RRP of £90, so at £50 it`s a decent saving. But who`s the manufacturer? I`d like to know a lot more about it before I`d even consider purchasing one.

Rob_B (Competent) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 19:02

Never trust RRPs!!

This item was edited on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 19:23

pat-w (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 20:18

Jagdpanther (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 20:48

I never really pay that much attention to RRP`s but at £50 for a 64MB player is not a bad deal. I just need more information than Play have provided.

Rob_B (Competent) posted this on Saturday, 29th June 2002, 22:46

I`ve tried to look at the logo to see if i can tell what brand it is and find more info but it`s too squigly, so i bought one of the Style Cam Blink Digital Cameras instead! Now THATS a bargain!

nhouston (Competent) posted this on Sunday, 30th June 2002, 01:35

Kiiro Muze 64MB MP3 Player
http://www.mp3players.co.uk

Dave Barr (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 30th June 2002, 06:36

It`s pretty common practice these days for a "false" RRP to be placed on items, so that they can be "reduced" for "fantastic savings".

Retailers are legally required to offer something for sale for (28 days?) before they can advertise it as reduced.

Some national retailers (the one I work for, for example) get around this by offering the item for sale on their internet shopping site for 28 days, making no publicity about it. I`d hazard a guess that unless you knew exactly what the item was you would not find it for sale on the website. Buyers will strike a deal with a supplier for a set amount of units. They will then place the item "on sale" for 28 days, and then it will be sent out to all their shops and advertised as reduced.

Anyway, 64MB for an MP3 player, that would barely hold a CD, right? Even at 50 quid I`d be hard pushed to buy it. You`d need to check in to how easily you could transfer information to and from the player. Does it have to use it`s own custom software (slow, buggy, might not even work). Can you fire a bigger memory card in to it? I don`t know a great deal about MP3 players, but unless I had one that could hold the equivalent of a dozen CD`s at once, and it would take 15 mins tops to swap around the information stored on it, then I think I`d opt for a MD player instead.

Go back to Bargain Buckets Forum threads, or All Forum threads