Page 1 of Movietyme delivery times.

Retailer Reviews Forum

Movietyme delivery times.

wiseguy (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 22nd January 2002, 03:56

Has anyone had any problems wth movietyme, i had a mail telling me they had sent my dvd and I should have it now, or within 7 days, that was over 2 weeks ago. How long do they usually take from here.

P.S I also cancelled the item about a month before they sent it to me, but they still charged me and sent it anyway :/

Wiseguy

RE: Movietyme delivery times.

ian turner (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 22nd January 2002, 15:29

I ordered a DVD before christmas , they debited my credit card on christmas eve , I have not received an email informing me they have dispatched it and have not received the DVD. They responded to my first query saying they`d look into it but have ignored other emails so i`m dubious about ever ordering anything from them ever again
Note that in my experience the dispatch email usually turns up at the same time as the DVD.

Oakland_Raider (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 22nd January 2002, 22:52

They are ok! but the service is nowhere near as good as it once was.i too had trouble with emails saying "despatched" but the discs never arrived.i did buy a lot from them in the past but i had a lot of trouble with missing orders, no replies to emails and wrong amounts being taken or not taken in some cases from my bank account.Since July their service has dropped a lot, but i do know of several other people who use them still and have no problems at all and recommend them.The one big advantage with Movietyme is that they do tend to have the films 1-2 weeks before its release date.But, when the film never arrives and you spend days emailing but with no reply, is it worth it?

Gaz Kitch (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 23rd January 2002, 12:44

I ordered a dvd from them last Monday and then had an e-mail saying it had been depatched and received it on the Saturday of the same week. Not bad service if you ask me, but i have only ever ordered once.

This item was edited on Wednesday, 23rd January 2002, 12:45

ian turner (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 24th January 2002, 08:37

So you decide to order the Dirty Harry box set from them, will they deliver it or won`t they ? Well are you feeling lucky punk ?
Frankly they seem to display a less helpful attitude than that, a "we can afford to lose customers" mentality. If I have to spend £3 to £4 extra on DVDs from other importers then for the £19.99 they effectively stole from me thats 5 to 6 DVDs worth. Makes ordering from CDNOW seem reasonable

pat-w (Elite) posted this on Friday, 25th January 2002, 21:23

Boy, are you kidding- The worst site I have EVER used! I ordered The Simpsons, it never got to me. When I used their lost mail sheet, they sent me an e-mail calling me a liar! After seven weeks of e-mails that they ignored I told them I would contact BBC Watchdog it I didn`t get a refund or my order & they paid up p.d.q. This lot make play247 look great, which takes some doing!

VOLKIN (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 26th January 2002, 13:54

Yeah I agree with Andy Geary.
They used to be real good, but recently service has become quite crap.
Preordering from them seems pointless half the time.
They tend to forget that you have prordered, so you need to email them to remind them.
I have had stuff go missing from them on several occasions and they have on occasion, ignored the "missing items" form I have sent them.
As for emailing them for information, you`d just as well slap a post it note on a snail and chuck him on the nearest motorway for the good it does you.

VOLKIN!

wiseguy (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 30th January 2002, 03:17

its been 21 days since the movie was meant to have been deliverd and so far all I have had is an email saying he will email me with more information after he has looked into it. All I had to do was send 4 emails and post on 4 forums for a reply.

On their website it says that after 21 days you can fill out a lost mail claim sheet, does anyone know where this is?

ian turner (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 30th January 2002, 10:06

i rang them up recently and they actually called me back yesterday and said they`d email me the link to the lost mail claim form (they swear blind that they mailed the dvd and sent a confirmation email neither of which i received), I`ll give them till this afternoon to send the link then i`m ringing back.

Cecil B. (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 31st January 2002, 16:41

I ordered `The Vanishing` (a Criterion disc) and `Dogma` (the 2-disc special edition) on Sunday and I was just wondering as to whether they wait until they can get both of the discs and then ship them both together or ship the discs individually as soon as they get them.

(I haven`t received any kind of e-mail yet BTW)

This item was edited on Thursday, 31st January 2002, 16:43

Go back to Retailer Reviews Forum threads, or All Forum threads