Latest Forum Posts

Page 1 of Ebuyer ... Use them at your peril

Retailer Reviews Forum

Ebuyer ... Use them at your peril

marksparks999 (Elite) posted this on Monday, 13th March 2006, 17:09

NO YOU CANT HAVE WHAT YOU ORDERED EVEN THOUGH WE CONFIRMED THAT WE HAD STOCK AND CHARGED YOU FOR THE ITEM...

Quote:
Dear mark *********,

Quote:
This email is to confirm that your order (630*****) for the following has been processed and that
payment has been successfully taken.

Item: Intempo PG-01/B DAB Radio
Qty: 1
Cost: £24.50

The shipping address for this order is:

mark *********
***, ***** Road
Paignton
Devon
UK TQ4 ***
TEL: ***** ******

Shipping method: Super Saver at £3.99

Net total: £28.49
VAT total: £4.99
------------
Gross total: £33.48
------------

Deliver by Date: Mon 13th March 2006
Depending on capacity we may elect to upgrade your order for no extra charge and deliver your order
early. Should we decide to do that we will send you an email informing you

YIPPEE ITS ON ITS WAY!!!

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: marksparks99***********.co.uk
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 4:30 PM
Subject: 630*****

1 x Intempo PG-01/B DAB Radio 99555

Dear Sir / Madam,

Ebuyer are informing you that the above item(s) is currently out of stock and is not available for dispatch.

Unfortunately we were unaware of this stock discrepancy until your order went through to our warehouse to be dispatched.

Please respond to this email to inform us whether you would like us to replace the out of stock item(s) with an alternative product or, have this removed and refunded to allow the remaining goods to ship.

If you opt for an alternative item then please supply our quick find code and we will amend the order accordingly.

If we have had no response in the next 7 working days then the item will be removed or if this is the only line item your order will be cancelled and you will be refunded in full.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards

Order Flow team

NOT IMPRESSED SO I REPLY...

Quote:
From: mark ********* [mailto:marksparks99***********.co.uk]
Sent: 10 March 2006 17:28
To: orderflow
Subject: Re: 630*****
Importance: High

Customer services manager,

I will be requiring you to ship me the product i have ordered, i have an email confirming this item is ready for despatch to me and, i can confirm that the payment has been processed via my bank account.

You are therefore obligated to supply this product, under the sale of goods act,

if not i will be expecting an alternative product of comparative quality, it appears the only one you have in stock is Intempo KT-01/P DAB this currently shows 4 in stock (1727 hours 10.03.2006)

Radio http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17034998094&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=99552

I appreciate there is price variance with this product, but will be expecting yourselves tobear the cost of this as a goodwill gesture, as it is ebuyer that have made an error.

I ordered this item in good faith, i paid the price you were asking and this was not a pricing error, also you have confirmed stock by marking for despatch, and taken payment, at the time of ordering your system stated 12 in stock...

therefore i am expecting this item to be delivered by the 13th March 2006 as indicated by your despatch notice or a suitable replacement, or you will be in breach of contract, i will then have to consider contacting trading standards,

regards, Mark *********.

THE REPLY...

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: `mark *********`
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 9:15 AM
Subject: RE: 630*****

Dear sir,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your email. It was received after i finished work on friday so i have only just come to view it.

The stock levels for this item were not known about until your order was processed though in the warehouse system. It is unfortunate that on rare occasions the stock levels can be inaccurate.

We can not ship this item to you as we dont have the item in stock, i have spoken to the product manager and he has confirmed that the item is now discontinued so we will no longer supply it.

I can appreciate that this may cause you inconvenience and disappointment, unfortunately i can not cover the cost for the alternative that you supplied.

I can refund you in full for the item and cancel your order or your order can be amended.

I have as a guesture of goodwill removed your carriage costs.

please can you confirm what your require action, and i can alter your order accordingly.

Kind regards
Abi Leaper

Order Flow Team Supervisor
Ebuyer UK Ltd
email: wolfredro[at]moc.reyube
Web: www.ebuyer.com

MY ANSWER...

Quote:
No refund for the item, i will not use ebuyer again, and i will be posting the correspondence on the many internet dvd/computer forums to which i am both a forum member in the `Retailer/E-tailer reviews` an excellent tool to let unwitting potential customers know how they are regarded.

Just look for companies that are no-longer with us SplashDVD.com, DVDSoon, amongst others who were pack leaders but now no longer in business!

Maybe with a little help Ebuyer may join them... anyway a person who experiences poor customer service tells on average 9 people for every one they tell about good customer service... something i have told the hundreds of people i have employed whilst being General Manager of several busy high street retailers,

Regards, Mark *********.

Well sorry for shouting but i am so angry...

`i am going to live forever or die trying`

RE: Ebuyer ... Use them at your peril

jeffthegun (Elite) posted this on Monday, 13th March 2006, 17:20

lol......so angry your ire seems to have reverberated around almost every forum.

Ive had problems with ebuyer in the past, but this has been, almost exclusively, delivery times. To be perfectly honest, it does sound like a genuine mistake and someone addressed it personally, quickly and tried to offer you an alternative.

To be honest, mate, I cant really fault em on this one.

Repeat after me: SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!

What im listening to (if youre interested)

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Monday, 13th March 2006, 17:36

Too much reliance on automated ordering/despatch systems is the problem here. I can see both sides of the issue, you`re right to be irked at their relative crapness, but from their POV they have offered you a full refund. i know this doesn`t get you your item, but at least everyone`s back to zero and no-one`s lost anything. (well, you lost 33 bucks, but you`ll get it back)

============================
It`ll never heal if you don`t stop picking...

My Collection

W@yne (Elite) posted this on Monday, 13th March 2006, 18:20

Looking at the prices for that model on Kelkoo I`d say at £28.79 inc VAT it was a pricing error as the lowest price on Kelkoo is £59.95 and they are now trying to get out of it.

Why is it still listed on Ebuyer if it has been discontinued , currently says stock overdue , I would expect the price to increase a fair bit by the time they get stock in.

Take a look here Mark , seems they`re well known to Sheffield Trading Standards Quote:
You`re probably here because you`ve ordered goods from Ebuyer and they`ve sent damaged items, sent the wrong thing or (most likely) taken your money, marked the goods `despatched` on their website and sent you nothing.

This item was edited on Monday, 13th March 2006, 18:31

Zovirax (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 15th March 2006, 12:01

I have used them loads of times and the items have always been up to quality,also they upgrade the shipping at no extra cost and inform me when they are sent, never had a problem with them, though I have no experience of the customer service because they have always got it right the first time round with my orders........Touch wood. :)

74-Daijiro-74 (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 16th March 2006, 15:44

Quote:
Repeat after me: SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!

Hoochie Momma!!!!!

:)

W@yne (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 21st March 2006, 15:31

Quote:
We can not ship this item to you as we dont have the item in stock, i have spoken to the product manager and he has confirmed that the item is now discontinued so we will no longer supply it.

Hmmm , in stock now but at £69.99

Billyflash (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 22nd March 2006, 16:07

I love the bit where as a gesture of goodwill they are removing the carriage costs.

What carriage costs? They haven`t sent anything!!

marksparks999 (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 22nd March 2006, 17:09

Quote:
Hmmm , in stock now but at £69.99
dont start me off again... item is listed as over due!!!

however i will check on this daily because if it shows in stock i will be mighty p1$$ed...

`i am going to live forever or die trying`

sparkster (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 9th April 2006, 08:30

Well I ordered a £10 pack of DVD-Rs from ebuyer alomgwith some other items.

DVD-Rs didnt turn up and it took over a month, around 10 e-mails, threats of Trading Standards and filling in forms to get my money back. Poor customer service from ebuyer indeed

My Website & Forums: http://www.sparkster.net
My DVD Collection: http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=sparkster&acceptadult=true

Go back to Retailer Reviews Forum threads, or All Forum threads