Page 1 of Anyone used BangCd?

Retailer Reviews Forum

Anyone used BangCd?

rockysafc (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 7th July 2005, 20:28

Just had an email off them. Very cheap new releases mostly £6.99. Never heard of them before. Anyone had any dealings with them.
http://www.bangcd.com/index.aspx

Rocky..

"How come we play war and not peace? Too few role models."

RE: Anyone used BangCd?

Beenie Meanie (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 7th July 2005, 22:17

Hi! :)

I haven`t used them, but there was a thread over HERE in the Bargain Buckets if it helps...

nickh100 (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 1st November 2005, 16:40

Yes, and they are rubbish. I ordered their CD of the Week from them nearly two weeks ago and I have not even had a confirmation e-mail yet, although they processed my payment immediately! I have contacted them to complain and they have blamed `technical problems` which does not instil much confidence in a web-based company. I got so bored waiting for some evidence that my order was being processed that I bought the CD from somewhere else, but BangCD are now refusing to refund the money they have charged me until after I receive the CD (who knows when this will be?) and then send it back to a Post Office in Singapore. I would steer clear of them if I was you.

This item was edited on Thursday, 3rd November 2005, 11:27

jeffthegun (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 2nd November 2005, 11:33

I wouldnt buy from them as a point of principle.

The f***ers have obviously bought my email address from somewhere (wish I knew where or they would get the bullet too) and are sending me unsolicited promotional emails.

All glory to the hypnotoad
What im listening to (if youre interested)

BlondieMum (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 29th November 2005, 18:01

Yes, I thought their prices were fab (being a penniless full time mum!) so I ordered 2 CDs for my DH for Christmas - I ordered them on 22/11 and one arrived yesterday (28th) and one today so I am really pleased. They arrived well packaged and shrinkwrapped.

I am assuming they got my details sneakily from CD WOW or something but I don`t really care, it still saved me money! I get so much rubbish emailed to me but I was pleased to receive this one as the prices are so good.

Anyway that`s my twopence-worth!

BM x

Richard Lloyd (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 1st December 2005, 00:01

I used them for a couple of pre-orders (Madonna and Kate Bush`s latest) as an experiment and they were slow to dispatch (4-7 days after the release date) and slow to deliver (5-7 days after I got the dispatch e-mail). So the verdict for me was "great prices, but be prepared to wait". Also note that the discs are legit ones, but sourced from the Singapore version of the record companies, so make sure the tracklists match what you`re after (same warning applies to most cheap online CD sites to be honest), because UK versions often have extra tracks to combat these much cheaper imports.

Go back to Retailer Reviews Forum threads, or All Forum threads