Page 1 of DVDPACIFIC credit card accounts hacked?

Retailer Reviews Forum

DVDPACIFIC credit card accounts hacked?

Cecil B. (Competent) posted this on Friday, 23rd July 2004, 11:11

RE: DVDPACIFIC credit card accounts hacked?

IronMonkey (Competent) posted this on Friday, 23rd July 2004, 14:03

I recently purchased an item from DVD Pacific and received an email telling me that my bank details were rejected. I have used the same card in the past and had no problems.

Has anyone else experienced this as it is quite concerning. My card should not have been rejected as there is definately enough funds for the DVD I ordered.

Magic_ians (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 7th August 2004, 15:06

er nope :D

I Own Dvds :D

Mike G (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 7th August 2004, 18:08

Quote:
My card should not have been rejected as there is definately enough funds for the DVD I ordered.

Well, DVD Pacific have changed their card details section slightly - they now need your CVV2 number before a card is accepted. That might have something to do with it.

Basically, I`d go back to the site and check that your card details are entered properly.

Mike

Magic_ians (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 11th August 2004, 17:18

Ive just been billed for $34.95 by a company called DIAGE I hope its not DVD Pacific related! As I didnt know who or what DIAGE was till today!

MADTheOgster (Elite Donator) posted this on Wednesday, 11th August 2004, 19:05

have you rang you`re CC provider ? if not then dispute it and you "should" get the money back :)

general nobody @ www.dvdreviewer.co.uk and now www.x-disk.com/viewforum.php?f=41 for all things X-BOX

Magic_ians (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 13:51

Yep The card company told me to contact DIAGE which I did and Im getting my money back!
But I still dont know how they got my details

This item was edited on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 14:51

MADTheOgster (Elite Donator) posted this on Thursday, 12th August 2004, 20:41

i read the other post in the general forum, i wouldn`t stop the complaint with the CC provider, but i would let them know about the correspondance you recieved, at the end of the day you still don`t know if the company is trustworthy, let the CC provider decide that :)

general nobody @ www.dvdreviewer.co.uk and now www.x-disk.com/viewforum.php?f=41 for all things X-BOX

IronMonkey (Competent) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 08:55

I have just been hit with diage too. Damn cheeky b[at].sdras Have sent diage an email of disgruntleness and also will be visiting my bank. Not sure if DVD Pacific are to blame they may be totally innocent but hopefully if we keep reporting this ridiculous illegal practice the banks will get off their fat cat lazy asses and do something about it. >:(

Magic_ians (Elite) posted this on Friday, 13th August 2004, 16:38

WEll Im getting a new card :D
The bank says as its only 1 transaction they dont consider it to be fraud! :/

Well silly me for reporting it! I should have waited till lots of transactions had gone onto my card ! :p lol

This item was edited on Friday, 13th August 2004, 18:07

Go back to Retailer Reviews Forum threads, or All Forum threads