Page 1 of What are www.buyit247.co.uk like?

Retailer Reviews Forum

What are www.buyit247.co.uk like?

mgns (Competent) posted this on Monday, 23rd February 2004, 12:34

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about www.buyit247.co.uk?

Spotted it whilst running some price checks on kelkoo, I wasn`t sure if it was a new site or one that had had a makeover.

Let us know if they are worth buying from.

Cheers all

RE: What are www.buyit247.co.uk like?

cynic (Elite) posted this on Monday, 23rd February 2004, 14:07

don`t know but they sent me an unsolicited email so thats a black mark against them for a start. Perhaps they were started by someone who`s left one of the other jersey based companies and er borrowed their mailing lists.

This item was edited on Monday, 23rd February 2004, 14:07

Mark Oates (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 24th February 2004, 00:24

Ditto - I got an email out of the blue as well. I think they`re something to do with Loaded/ Future Entertainment, as there are a number of layout similarities on the site. The biggest black mark against them, though, when I tried out their ordering system. It says it`s Thawte secure, but I didn`t see any little padlock. I think they`re not using SSL on their ordering page, and in my book that`s a hanging offence.

J Mark Oates

Do not be alarmed. That strange sound is simply
my mind boggling.

kebabhead (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 24th February 2004, 11:03

Yeah

I too have received an e-mail from this company

Was goinng to query this if it was either a new site for Play or Loaded as the layout is similar

mgns (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 25th February 2004, 12:05

I checked out www.loaded247.co.uk and it does look exactly the same, except that the addresses and phone numbers don`t match. For those who received an e-mail, were you signed up to www.loaded247.co.uk?

I`m also intrigued by the "Europe`s leading home entertainment site" claim.

Anyhoo, the item I wanted is on www.loaded247.co.uk, so can anyone recommend them - any comments on their shopping security.

Thanks to all those who replied so far

cynic (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 25th February 2004, 14:16

yup registered with futureent er i mean loaded.

happyjimbo (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 26th February 2004, 11:33

:) Have recently bought items from them they are a brand new company. I beleive that it has been started by a past member of a former DVD internet company. Prices are very competitive and had quick delivery.

happyjimbo (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 26th February 2004, 11:37

Hi the site does not accept credit card payments directly on-line but the site I am informed after making same enquiry is secure.

Kev W (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 3rd March 2004, 08:22

I pre-ordered Finding Nemo from them at the beginnig of last week. Was a little surpirsed that according to their site I was the first person to order it.

Anyway, I was expecting it to arrive on the release day of last Friday. It`s now Wednesday and I`ve still received nothing, even though the money has gone from my Bank Account. My order still has a status of `Processing`, even though according to the stie Finding Nemo usually ships within 24 hours.

The phone number just rings, and they haven`t responded to my emails.

2 disappointed kids, and a not very happy customer!

I`m tempted to count my losses and buy it from my local supermarket, which, by the way, is actually cheaper!

Keres (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 3rd March 2004, 15:03

I`ve had exactly the same problem, only with £40 worth of order. They never answer the phone, and don`t respond to any e-mails, apart from the one where I threatened to cancel my order at which point I got a brief e-mail reassuring me that I`d get my order by next week, and that the delays were caused by "database problems" because they`re a new company. That was about a week ago. My order`s been "processing" for over a week now, they`ve taken my money and I`m severely ticked off.

They obviously come from the same stagnant quagmire in Jersey as splashdvd. I`ll post here again if I get any joy, but I think their lack of ability to be contacted must be a breach of trading standards. I`ve got the address for trading standards in Jersey, and shall be contacting them if I`ve heard nothing by Friday.

This item was edited on Wednesday, 3rd March 2004, 15:10

Go back to Retailer Reviews Forum threads, or All Forum threads