Page 1 of Buffy DVD Boxset 39 Disc Set

DVDs & Films Forum

Buffy DVD Boxset 39 Disc Set

badboybez (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 23rd November 2004, 15:34

Just got it throught the post this morning :D 6065 minutes of it!!!!!

Noticed on the bottom of the box it states: "This DVD is copy protected, which prevents viewable copies being made`.

Now obviously after splashing out some good cash for this I wouldn`t want to risk damaging the original discs would I? So would DVD Shrink back them up? Not noticed this statement on any other DVD`s I have backed up?

Badboybez

In Madness You Dwell

RE: Buffy DVD Boxset 39 Disc Set

Chris Gould (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 23rd November 2004, 16:07

Bloody hell, that`s some nerd-a-riffick viewing their! ;) Out of interest, how much was it? Oh, and DVDShrink will `back them up`. The copy protection is CSS/Macrovision. They`re most likely taking about Macrovision, which prevents you making VHS `back ups`. Of course a lot people are a lot more technologically advanced than resorting to taping DVDs nowadays.

nick 745 (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 23rd November 2004, 16:38

It`s £139 on Play. RRP £199 released yesterday.

A specially created box set containing all 7 Seasons of Buffy The Vampire Slayer in limited edition numbered packaging. Also includes a letter from series creator Joss Whedon, a book containing episode information and a run-down of Joss Whedon`s favourite episodes. Over 100 hours of vampire ass-kicking action across 39 discs.

badboybez (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 23rd November 2004, 18:08

£134.00 from Amazon.co.uk. Went to them as I feel they offer the best packaging. Play would probably just cram it into a jiffy bag :o

Didn`t cost me much as I sold my individual sets on e-bay :D

Badboybez

In Madness You Dwell

This item was edited on Tuesday, 23rd November 2004, 18:09

tripodjw (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 24th November 2004, 13:04

Are the dvd`s the same as in the separate sets?

I want to make sure, seasons 4-7 are in widescreen before i spend all that dosh on it.

brob11 (Competent) posted this on Wednesday, 24th November 2004, 14:32

The individual DVD`s are the same. They have literally been repackaged.

I got my set yesterday and was so happy to clear the shelves of my collection of VHS tapes and the odd DVD set :)

Matthew Smart (Reviewer) posted this on Wednesday, 24th November 2004, 14:49

Someone let us know what the Joss Whedon letter says, eh?

Probably thanking the fans who blew their wallets on the collector`s box, without mentioning those of us who shelled out for the individual season releases.

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

TinnionA (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 25th November 2004, 13:22

I remeber thinking £30 BOGOF buffy video was good. I spent £90 on 3 seasons and for an extra £40 I could have had all 7 seasons. I never watch videos any more.

badboybez (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 25th November 2004, 18:49

Quote:
Someone let us know what the Joss Whedon letter says, eh?

I`d love to!

But don`t want to open it as its sealed - I`m sure somebody will open theirs ;)

Badboybez

In Madness You Dwell

brob11 (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 25th November 2004, 19:08

I couldn`t resist and opened mine:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<Mutant Enemy Logo (Grr ARgh)>

Well, here you have it. All of it. Seven years of painstaking work, of pain and creation, of wit, confusion, strength, compromise and achievement... of me, dreaming of nightmares.

To say that Buffy has been the greatest, most difficult and rewarding experience of my career thus far would actually be to undersell its significance. It represents the best work (again, so far) of so many talented people I can`t possibly name them all here. David Greenwalt and Marti Noxon, who ran the show with me are more responsible for its shape and terrible beauty than I ever intend to give them credit for, do spring to mind. But so many great writers, actors and crew labored beyond the beyond to make this show happen that it extended, as true art does, beyond my reach. This show ran me, not the other way around. It told me what to say, what to show, when to give comfort and when to draw blood. This show, seven years of it, is a living thing. Put it on your shelf, and go to bed. It`ll whisper to you in your sleep.

Joss Whedon

<very good print of signature - makes you definitely look closer to see if it is hand-signed!>

Go back to DVDs & Films Forum threads, or All Forum threads