Page 1 of Star Wars MVC exclusive packaging

DVDs & Films Forum

Star Wars MVC exclusive packaging

ami (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 8th September 2004, 22:29

Not sure if mentioned but we were sent pics of the special packaging that MVC are doing for the star wars dvd trilogy, hard to explain without a picture but basically its a like a cigarette box with the lid coming off, the set drops down inside the box from the top and the lid pops on, its black with silver writing, its the same type of card as indiana jones boxset so quite hard, looks good, try instore for pics, if they have it displayed, hope this makes sense, i`ll try and see if i can get a pic and upload it?

RE: Star Wars MVC exclusive packaging

Chris Gould (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 00:10

C-3P0 (Anthony Daniels) will be signing exclusive HMV packaing in the HMV in the Trocadero at Midnight on Sunday the 19th if you fancy it. Also in MVC store, London Bridge at midday on the 20th. Vader`s supposed to be there, as are loads of Stormtroopers and other s***e as well.

straightjacket (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 09:11

From an email I got from them, not very big but you get the idea.

If you preorder it from MVC you also get Star Wars Top Trumps cards and double points on your MVC card.

My DVD`s

This item was edited on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 10:06

IndianaJones00 (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 13:33

Any idea if this is an instore only Exclusive or if their website will be offering it?

Also, how much are they wanting for it as I have my set pre-ordered with Play.com for £25.19 but if the set from MVC is only going to be a few quid more I may change my order to them as I would rather have that packaging than just the standard box.

This item was edited on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 14:39

straightjacket (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 14:24

Doesn`t say if the box is available online aswell but the TT cards and double points are only available if you prebook in-store.

Their price is £26.99

Prebooked mine on Saturday, the fancy box was the clincher! :D

My DVD`s

JohnnyTV (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 16:50

Are you sure its that price? When I asked in MVC (in Wrexham) last week it was £34.99, so I was just going to get it online from Play or something instead

Visit My Website

IndianaJones00 (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 9th September 2004, 19:55

If they want £26.99 for it from their store its got to be the cheapest any high street retailer is selling the Boxset for.

straightjacket (Elite) posted this on Friday, 10th September 2004, 10:09

Well it says £26.99 on their website and usually their instore prices are the same as online.

suppose this could be the exeption though.

My DVD`s

This item was edited on Friday, 10th September 2004, 11:03

IndianaJones00 (Competent) posted this on Friday, 10th September 2004, 10:34

I just gave my local MVC a ring about the Boxset and they said they dont have a price yet but expect it to be between £26.99 and £36.99 but wont know for sure until next week so I went ahead and pre-ordered it over the phone, they said they normally ask for a pound when pre-ordering but as I ordered over the phone not to worry lol

Will leave my pre-order with Play.com for now and wait until next week to see how much MVC are going to be charging, dont mind paying a little extra for exclusive packaging but not paying £10 more lol

This item was edited on Friday, 10th September 2004, 11:44

straightjacket (Elite) posted this on Friday, 10th September 2004, 12:08

:D

My DVD`s

Go back to DVDs & Films Forum threads, or All Forum threads