Page 1 of STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 Anticipation Thread (SPOILERS!!!)

DVDs & Films Forum

STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 Anticipation Thread (SPOILERS!!!)

chewie (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 15:00

Although this doesn`t come out until May 2005, I think one thread will suffice until it is released. I will post lots of stuff in here surrounding it, including articles and pictures. Beware though, heavy spoilers will be included from the beginning.

Personally, this is the film I`ve been waiting to see since I heard the prequels were getting made. Episode 1 and 2 are great (imho) but Episode 3 is where it all ends (so to speak) with the duel.

Please post anything you find about Episode 3 in this thread :)

My DVD Collection
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how wrong it is ;-)

RE: STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 Anticipation Thread (SPOILERS!!!)

RWB (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 15:09

I really liked The Phantom Menace, but I`m not so keen on Attack of the Clones - but I`m definitely interested in how Lucas wraps up the prequels. :-)

--
Click here to e-mail Rik Booth
My DVD Collection ¦ My Trader Feedback ¦ For Sale DVDs

chewie (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 15:16

Rik, you need to see the Original Trilogy. The prequels mirror the originals, so part of the fun is knowing all the ins and outs of the story. I also really like TPM, but I love Attack of the Clones.

Some more pictures:

Anakin with mullet!

Obi Wan - Notice his lightsabre is the same as the one he has in A New Hope!

Clone Trooper - Starting to look more and more like a Stormtrooper :D

Anakin is Jedi Starfighter

My DVD Collection

chewie (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 15:33

My DVD Collection

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 15:50

============================
I ate what?

Idle Ramblings
My Collection

chewie (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 16:10

Mon Mothma

General Grevious in his Clone Wars incarnation:

My DVD Collection

Ben Franklin (Reviewer) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 16:26

Man, those Annakin pics are pretty gruesome. To earn a PG rating they`re going to have to be pretty quick shots, and definitely not close ups. They must be real though, I mean what else could they be?

Anyway, I am going to be queueing on the opening day, and I really have my faith in this final part. I liked TPM originally, though its gone down in my estimation the more I`ve watched it. I loved Attack of the Clones, and I view it as a good Star Wars film, though not quite on par with the Originals.

Attack of the Clones though, was a vast improvement on TPM, and so I expect this to carry on for Episode 3. George, if you can make this as awesome as we know you can, all is forgiven! :D

p.s. Any news on the Clone Wars DVD?

This item was edited on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 16:29

Ben Franklin (Reviewer) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 16:38

Actually, come to think of it, that charred Anakin bodies face does have the same kind of scarring as it does in ROTJ.

chewie (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 16:45

Quote:
p.s. Any news on the Clone Wars DVD?

I`m sure it will be out soon. I have the first 10 on my hard drive, and the final 10 are due to air at the end of the month :D

They`re short but sweet!

As for Attack of the Clones, I consider it on par with Return of the Jedi. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are going to be hard to top. Especially since numerous reports state that Episode 3 is the most action packed of all the films! :o

Have you heard how Episode 3 opens? I can tell you what I`ve heard, but there are spoilers!

SPOILER:
It opens with a massive space battle, dwarfing the one in Return of the Jedi. Palpatine has been "captured" ;) by the Seperatists (sp?) still being lead by Count Dooku and is being held on board a massive spaceship. Anakin and other jedi (probably Kenobi as well) board the spaceship to rescue Palpatine. Here, Anakin fights Count Dooku again, and decapitates him. But the spaceship has been damaged and is hurtling towards the nearest planet. As it enters the atmosphere (and starts burning up) Anakin and co must get Palpatine off the cruiser.

That`s all I can remember. Its sounds cool as f*** 8)
Hope this is 3 hours long (or close to it) as it`s the only way they can fit everything in.

My DVD Collection

This item was edited on Monday, 8th March 2004, 20:23

jeffthegun (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th March 2004, 17:30

Unfotunately, i anticipate that this will suck. Im debating with myself whether to see it or not, because im not sure how much more of a hammering my rose tinted love of Star Wars can take.

I nearly wept after i saw TPM....................

SHOSH!!

Go back to DVDs & Films Forum threads, or All Forum threads