Page 1 of Toshiba 37Z3030 - £800 - Bargain??

Hardware Forum

Toshiba 37Z3030 - £800 - Bargain??

pinkwhippet (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 27th November 2007, 21:27

Hi,

I`ve been tracking this TV, today i notice sound & vision selling it for £800. The nearest price i could find is £999. Should i go for it or is there another TV that is better?

RE: Toshiba 37Z3030 - £800 - Bargain??

Chris Gould (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 10:03

£800 delivered is the best price I`ve seen so far, so if this includes delivery I`d go for it. It is a good set.

bowfer (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 11:39

My credit card`s twitching.
I just with to hell I could use my existing Toshiba stand, as it was expensive!
Bad enough getting the wife to agree to replacing a 7 month old telly, never mind the stand too... :(

Neiliboy (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 14:32

theres anopther tosh 37" come up on HOTUKDEALS today......

not sure if its any good though.....i must say i do like toshibas....very under-rated imo :)

Capital Bank Leasing who are part of [B]BOS
& are f**ing useless & struggle to action the smallest request but are fantastically efficient at taking money out of my account
[B]Abbey National
Absolutely diabolical service - how hard is it to change £60 of coins into notes????
....more coming soon no doubt.....

bowfer (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 15:53

I have the 32WLT68 at the moment.
Cracking telly.
Wish I`d gone for the 37, but there you go.
If you`re happy with 720p/1080i (which most folk are), the WLT68 range is superb and has won everything going.
You`ll only need 1080p if you plan to watch HD-DVD/Bluray, or play HD games.
If you only want to watch SKY HD, a 720p telly will do you proud.
Considering I paid nearer £900 for my 32WLT68 in March, £580 for the 37 is an absolute bargain. 8)

Quote:
very under-rated imo

Maybe by the public, but most AV magazines rate them very highly indeed.
Definitely making some of the best LCD`s just now.

This item was edited on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 15:55

Neiliboy (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 17:30

Tosh isnt a brand i`d think `yeah Id` really like to own one of *those* badboys` kinda thing (despite having owned two brilliant ones for most of my life)

Its not a brand people `look up` to like Leowe, B&O, or even Sony....

Capital Bank Leasing who are part of [B]BOS
& are f**ing useless & struggle to action the smallest request but are fantastically efficient at taking money out of my account
[B]Abbey National
Absolutely diabolical service - how hard is it to change £60 of coins into notes????
....more coming soon no doubt.....

Faust (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 19:53

Quote:
Its not a brand people `look up` to like Leowe, B&O, or even Sony....

Don`t think most people would consider Leowe or B&O - it`s not a brand you see in many High St/online retailers. Don`t know about Loewe but I`m certain that B&O gear is seriously expensive - in other words out of reach. Then there`s Sony which everyone knows and may cost a bit more than your average Tosh but are their TV`s any better ? They do make good ads though ;)
Pete :)

pinkwhippet (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 28th November 2007, 21:48

Sod it!!! Just gone and ordered it.

He who dares Rodney!

bowfer (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 29th November 2007, 12:58

Quote:
Its not a brand people `look up` to like Leowe, B&O, or even Sony

I guarantee more `average Joes` will have heard of Toshiba than Loewe or B+O.
They`re top-end stuff, completely outwith most peoples budgets.
As for Sony, I actually look down on them.
I think their styling is dull, the performancve of their products isn`t any better than anything else and they trade on their name.
In fact, if I see a Sony product in someone`s house, I often suspect they`re lazy and have bought `the badge`. :/
I`m not a particular Toshiba fan, I just wanted a recommended 32" LCD, that looked good.
The Toshiba I chose had won all sorts of independent tests, beating similar Sonys in the process, and looked good with it.

sj (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 29th November 2007, 18:28

Quote:
As for Sony, I actually look down on them.
lol - why? I think the `It`s cool to `Sony-bash` from a few years ago is no longer true - esp from a technical point of view.
Quote:
I think their styling is dull
Styling is a matter of personal taste.
Quote:
the performancve of their products isn`t any better than anything else
Yes it is. Especially the LCD`s of the last year or so. The new 3000 range looks even better but that X series isn`t cheap.
Quote:
they trade on their name.
Yup, quite true - and charge a premium over and above what the actual increase in quality is worth.
Quote:
In fact, if I see a Sony product in someone`s house, I often suspect they`re lazy and have bought `the badge`.
Why? Even if it is a better TV than yours?
Quote:
I`m not a particular Toshiba fan, I just wanted a recommended 32" LCD, that looked good.
Actually, I think that`s exactly what you are. ;) Fine you have bought a TV and like it but you are thinking of buying another one of the same make too and have recommended the make for items you don`t own - because of the make.
I don`t think there`s anything wrong in that though.

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

This item was edited on Thursday, 29th November 2007, 19:18

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads