Page 1 of Aldi Tevion TDR DVD4001 recorder - recording problems

Hardware Forum

Aldi Tevion TDR DVD4001 recorder - recording problems

sabbra (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 5th January 2007, 06:43

Anyone out there also have the recent Tevion TDR DVD4001 from Aldi`s?
Reason I ask is that I`m having BIG problems with the quality of recordings made via the SCART input. Have tried connecting up my VCR and my PVR, and in both cases the quality of the recordings is absolutely dreadful - look blurry and washed out, like a well worn vhs tape!
Using the scart input is definately the easiest way for me to connect the devices, as this is the only connection that all three share in common.
I`m wondering if I need a modified scart or another kind of cable, or indeed, if this is a typical symptom of this device.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

RE: Aldi Tevion TDR DVD4001 recorder - recording problems

biddenden_sue (Elite) posted this on Friday, 5th January 2007, 09:45

The SCART cable would indeed be the best option for recording quality between those machines. Are you recording at maximum quality or poorest? Check the best quality setting and judge by that as 6hr is usually pretty poor on most machines.

The record quality of DVD Recorders varies greatly between brands. Tevion is at the bottom end of the market so I suspect if your results are the same at maximum quality (probably 1hr setting) then that`s as good as it`ll get with that model.

Why don`t you come up and see me sometime? www.digitalvideoforum.co.uk

sabbra (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 7th January 2007, 18:55

Thanks for the advice. Have tried recording at two settings so far - SP and EP, and both are pretty horrendous.
I ought to have mentioned earlier that the problem occurs even before any recordings take place. The live feed from devices connected to the recorder have a noticably degraded signal.
Looks like I`ll be taking the thing back to Aldi`s.
The Samsung DVD-R130 is currently in Dixons for £100 (£130 elsewhere), and is looking pretty good!

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1908187805.1168196016@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddjleglljfcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=15&sm=4&tm=undefined&sku=551722&category_oid=-29293

This item was edited on Sunday, 7th January 2007, 18:58

mc7t (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 7th January 2007, 20:47

I brought the Funai dvd recorder from argos (£59.99) a few months back.
Playing back recordings on a 42" plasma, it`s hard to tell (on 2hr mode) the difference between a recording & digital tv....I had the panny e50 before & pic quality is easily as good as it :)

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads