Page 1 of LiteOn DD-A110 disc read errors

Hardware Forum

LiteOn DD-A110 disc read errors

ohfeck (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 19th November 2006, 22:50

Hi everyone.
I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me.
Last week I purchased a LiteOn DD-A110 dvd recorder from Tesco and it is brilliant at recording but some of the commercial DVD`s I put in it bring up the message `invalid disc`.
The latest one it won`t play is `Backdraft`which is region 2 for god`s sake.
I am loathe to return it because in all other respects it is a good machine.
I don`t want to put a dvd player in the set up just to view pre-recorded DVD`s.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated if only to stop the wife and two teenagers nagging me about the `crap` I have bought.
All the best
Tom McCarron

RE: LiteOn DD-A110 disc read errors

badboybez (Elite) posted this on Monday, 20th November 2006, 23:35

I`ve not had any probs with mine yet (touch wood) - maybe an update of the firmware is needed? So I went to the website to download the manual but the site is closed until bloody December 20th! (:¦
http://www.liteonit.com/eu/home.html
I`m wanting to know if you can say record a program on a DVDR then at a later date record something else after the first recording? Then once the disc is full then finalise it.

biddenden_sue (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 21st November 2006, 08:17

Quote:
I`m wanting to know if you can say record a program on a DVDR then at a later date record something else after the first recording? Then once the disc is full then finalise it.

You can as long as the drive is fit. One of the first signs of drive failure is when a part-recorded DVDR fails to be recognised when put back in to record onto again.

Why don`t you come up and see me sometime? ccgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf/index.php

badboybez (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 21st November 2006, 16:33

I`m hoping the drive is fit only bought the bloody thing last week!

RE: LiteOn DD-A110 tuner problems

bitterbitter (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 26th November 2006, 14:45

I also bought an DD A110 from Tesco (a few days ago). The machine is excellent apart from one thing, the tuner seems a bit `iffy`. The colours seems to flicker from light to dark and back again. I don`t think it`s due to the signal strength as my TV and VCR work perfectly. I`ve tried re-tuning the channels (no difference) and swapping the leads (no difference).

Anyone got any ideas what I could try next ?

double barrel (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 7th January 2007, 10:19

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads