Page 1 of Cyberhome 512

Hardware Forum

Cyberhome 512

peb13 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 12th June 2001, 16:41

Has anybody had any problems with their 512? I have recently purchased one of these. It has already been replaced once, the first one froze every now and again, then after 2 weeks the picture jumbled, stuttered and there was no sound. The replacement is overheating, Richer Sounds have offered to replace it again, swap it for another brand of player or I can have a cash refund. Have I just been unlucky? This player has everything that I need, good picture and sound, plays mp3,cdr/cdrw, vcd and is multi-region and macrovision free with the 9.8 firmware. Any feedback on this player would be welcome, so that I can decide what to do.

RE: Cyberhome 512

bigass (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 15th June 2001, 20:07

I`ve been thinking about this machine myself but messages of problems do seem to cropping up a bit too much for my liking. On the other hand software problems seem to be getting resolved and firmware updates are freely available.

It seems to offer by far the best feature for a great price, I`d try another and then change to a different model if you still have problems.

This type of thing would push me in the direction of a local sale rather than male order for an unreliable product

GaryThomas (Competent) posted this on Saturday, 16th June 2001, 01:08

I bought the player last week and had a few problems with mp3 dropping out etc but after the firmware upgrade to 9.8 it is working fine now great player great sound and great picture . I contacted cyber home and they were relly helpful and helped me by sending me the firmware i needed.

Swap the player for another one they are really good.

Gary

GaryThomas (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 19th June 2001, 00:37

i have installed the 9.8 firmware on the above player but cannot find outhow to change th macrovision to off. I know it resets after turning the player off each time but how do I reset it ?

peb13 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 19th June 2001, 17:10

Press 7-6-ENTER on remote to access hidden menu

Scroll down to NEXT PAGE at the bottom, press enter

The macrovision option is at the top, enter 0

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads