Latest Forum Posts

Page 1 of DVD to TV help

Hardware Forum

DVD to TV help

Boris1650 (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 4th November 2004, 22:23

:/ Hi, hope someone can help me, I have one of those all in tv and video in one unit in the kids room, have bought a not too expensive dvd player and a nearly as expensive scart lead to connect it up. Problem is DVD plays fine great picture and sound, but I now only have sound from tv and no picture from normal channels even when dvd is turned off, help please, as soon as scart is removed picture comes back. Anyone any suggestions.

RE: DVD to TV help

peja99 (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Friday, 5th November 2004, 15:09

The TV is auto-switching to the external DVD channel, prompted by a voltage sent via the scart cable. On many DVD players this voltage is still sent when the player is switched off and in `standby`.

Switching off the player at the mains should overcome this, though also check with the TV manual for a button on the TV remote to toggle external mode on and off.

This item was edited on Friday, 5th November 2004, 15:15

Boris1650 (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 6th November 2004, 13:05

Thanks very much for the reply, is there anyway of disableing part of the scart lead to prevent this happening.

ste_p0270 (Elite Donator) posted this on Saturday, 6th November 2004, 13:31

Hi

open up the scart lead and cut or disconnect the wire pin number 8
this will stop the autoswitch feature.

at your own risk mind you:-D

Ste.

...is that gasoline I smell?

Boris1650 (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 7th November 2004, 13:17

Hi there, disconnected wire 8, after a bit of messing about, this now does not force the dvd, and allows use of the remote button on the tv to change between dvd and tv, however when tv channel is selected the dvd logo still displays but faintly and floats around the screen in a strange pixel breaking manner, so still have sound but no tv picture, anyone any more thoughts or am I just going to have to accept the dvd needs turning off all the time, thanks in anticipation, Jon.

This item was edited on Sunday, 7th November 2004, 13:19

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads