Page 1 of Eurotech DVR-4001

Hardware Forum

Eurotech DVR-4001

Nick_UK (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 3rd June 2004, 13:46

Anyone have any experience of using this recorder? I`m thinking about purchasing one but before I do I`d like to know whether its progressive scan and can be made region free. Any ideas?

RE: Eurotech DVR-4001

clayts (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 3rd June 2004, 15:31

Never heard of it. MInd you, if you`re going budget check out the Relisys RDVR200 also on sale via MH Monitors (not the other retailer, as they charge VAT on top of the final price) - they have it as BuyItNow at £190 + £12 postage.

Persoanlly, I`d also seek out the now discontinued Panasonic DMR-E50 - I`ve seen them on eBay for £200 plus delivery - a much safer bet than a dodgy Far Eastern non-name manufacturer, even Sampo (who make the Relisys !).

===========================

Clayts, Moderator, DVD Reviewer
UK webmaster for Area 450 the independent Sampo/Maxent DVD site

Please sign up here to get the FX289 channel on NTL/Telewest for old repeats of NYPD Blue and X Files - thanks !

KDH (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 3rd June 2004, 17:09

Nick_UK (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 3rd June 2004, 21:04

Yep that is it. The addition of firewire seems quite useful too.

KDH (Competent) posted this on Friday, 4th June 2004, 18:44

KDH (Competent) posted this on Friday, 18th June 2004, 17:33

Details of DVR-4001

ttp://www.tech-europe.co.uk/index.php?show=DVDRecorder

Now available at E-Buyer here at £149.45 +P&P

This item was edited on Friday, 18th June 2004, 18:34

sirwalter (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 21st June 2004, 21:27

Ok i have one. its is region free out of box tried a r1 and r2 both on probs and the r1 was an rce r1 spiderman which was no prob. it has progressive scan is resonable easy to use and so far shows decent quality pic on both retail dvd and recordings i got a bad recording 2nite but the disk looked like there was a scratch on it so im trying another disk later if that is 100% fine i would say at 150 quid its as good as you could hope for a budget recorder possibly even as good as some far more pricey jobs especially with a dedicated dv in.

mirror (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 22nd June 2004, 00:05

What are the in connections? Does it have 2 scarts one for in and RGB enabled or is the best input quality S-Video or god forbid (like the Liteon) composite video only. This is important for the quality of the recordings.

Personally I think the best value is the Yamada 8000 from Richer Sounds at £149

TheBlackBag (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 8th July 2004, 08:26

The Yamada does not have DV IN, so I am looking at the Eurobase still.

If anyone knows the answer to the connecttion question above can you let me know too. Also, does the Eurobase machine have any editting functions? It says on the blurb chapter insertion and deletion. Does this means I can go through a recording I have already made adding chapter tags?

Sirwalter, as a proud owner can you answer this?

:D

rhysxx (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 26th July 2004, 12:13

I just bought one of these and would be grateful if someone could help with this setup question.

I can play the dvd`s using either the scart connection or the three RCA plugs from the video and audio L and R output sockets into the TV no problem. I have also tuned the DVD to pick up the TV channels and can get the picture onto the TV (scart or via the 3 RCA plugs) but not the sound. Is there any obvious reason why this would happen. I have tried various options including switching from 5.1 channel to 2 channel and from sound output channel A to Channel B in the setup menu but I get nothing. It seems odd to me that the DVD`s will play sound but the TV channels won`t.

I couldn`t even get close to getting the digital TV box connected so will settle for the normal channels.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Go back to Hardware Forum threads, or All Forum threads