Latest Forum Posts

Page 1 of the MOST FAQ that I am now sick of answering, B&W R1 pics

Hack Help Forum

the MOST FAQ that I am now sick of answering, B&W R1 pics

Jimbo :oÞ (Elite Donator) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2002, 18:13

OK, I just went through this forum and found a posting re: LG 4710 and another on a Philips saying R1 now plays black and white.

I am sooooooooooooooo fed up of answering this on my site, my email and on Troll`s forums, that this is the *one and only* time I`m answering it here.

Due to Haggis`s "ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH" in the same thread, I assume he`s had the same problem.
First, people, READ THE FAQ`S ON THE RELATED SITES!!!
I know for a FACT it`s answered on mine, and on Haggis`s site, so please look before asking this Q!

Now, the solution:

(LG/AIWA and Clones)
The switch on the rear of the player says "NTSC/PAL/AUTO"
Move it to the PAL position.
Turn the player off.
LEAVE THE SWITCH PERMANANTLY IN THE PAL POSITION!
Turn the player back on, problem solved.

(Philips)

In the "Setup" menu, if the player has NTSC/PAL conversion, it will say either AUTO or PAL.
Change it to PAL whilst a disc is playing, and the picture should appear in colour.

(forgot to add this!

If that doesn`t work, power off the player and remove the mains plug. Press STOP and SKIP FORWARD on the player and HOLD THEM, then plug back into mains. After a few seconds, the player will read "NTSC or PAL", use the SKIP FWD key to change to PAL, then power off and back on)

If the player doesn`t have the NTSC/PAL options, buy a new telly, or a player capable of conversion.

Soz to get stroppy about it, but this got to a point where I ended up with an email TEMPLATE just for fwding on, and even that ended up getting ridiculous :o)

Jimbo! :oÞ
http://choosefirst.co.uk

This item was edited on Tuesday, 15th January 2002, 18:17

RE: the MOST FAQ that I am now sick of answering, B&W R1 pics

clayts (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2002, 23:07

I know what you mean about repeating yourself Jimbo.

And I`ll tell you something else.

I know what you mean about repeating yourself Jimbo.

Anyway, glad you`re here. My DVD player (it`s an LG) only seems to play Region 1 discs in black and....etc, etc, etc

RE: the MOST FAQ that I am now sick of answering, B&W R1 pics

HaGGis! (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 15th January 2002, 23:32

yup...that sort of covers it..... if i can just add for the final time

If your TV has two Scart inputs...plug your Lead into the RGB one rather than COMPOSITE one...and make sure your Scart lead is capable of carrying the RGB signal...

This item was edited on Tuesday, 15th January 2002, 23:34

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads