Page 1 of LG DRT389H - anyone cracked the region hack

Hack Help Forum

LG DRT389H - anyone cracked the region hack

Dezbo (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 19th October 2008, 09:42

Hi,

The LG DRT389H seems to be a popular model - but has anyone managed to work out the region hack for this machine. There must be one as I have seen it advertised as pre-hacked/region free from one seller.

Cheers

RE: LG DRT389H - anyone cracked the region hack

Mowser (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 3rd January 2009, 13:46

EUREKA !!! I THINK I HAVE THE HACK !!!!

Switch the player on.

When it`s booted up hold down CLEAR on remote and EJECT on the front panel of your dvd player simultaneously for about 6 seconds.

You will see a list of codes

WRITE THEM ALL DOWN exactly as you see them (in case you mess up as it is really easy to do !!!)

Left/right arrows on remote take you through the onscreen codes, Up/down changes through 0-9/ a-z

Change OP6 from ae (or whatever yours is set at) to 8e.

Press Enter and then menu/list on your remote.

Your player will reboot.

Now your player is Multi region.

Liked by: Loula

v1rotate (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 10th January 2009, 09:53

I can confirm that the abve hack DOES work. I tried it last night and tested it on a Region 1 disc (Star Wars). Good work Mowser, this will make many people happy. Just follow the instructions above and you`re set. For those who did not write the OP codes down, here they are before being edited.

OP1: da
OP2: 30
OP3: 03
OP4: 60
OP5: 0e
OP6: aa
OP7: 47
OP8: 02
OP9: 0d
OPA: 00

Liked by: Loula

simkev (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 17th January 2009, 20:14

Just got this recorder for Xmas and i think it`s brilliant.

However i just tried to play one of my DVD`s and it spat it out because it was the wrong region, so i loged into this forum used the hack and it worked as advertised.

So many thanks to you Mowser for the hack.

matty1 (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 1st December 2009, 00:48

I too managed to use the ae - 8e option.. This eventually worked. Many thanks...
my codes however were as follows
OP1: da
OP2: 30
OP3: 03
OP4: 60
OP5: 0e
OP6: ae - 8e
OP7: 47
OP8: aa
OP9: 0d
OPA: 00

tried regions 1 and 2 all good.

When entering the codes page be carefull not to press the up arrows straight away as this changes the values ..instead use the left right navigatior to skip to next character.

Had an error message of a navigation error.. tried another disc. actually an audio cd then back to a dvd. this did the trick.

Thanks for the tip guys.
M

Thanks from: Loula

mondeoman07 (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 17th January 2010, 20:53

Worked for me too, just got the recorder today worked straight away, as has been said write down the codes its so easy to alter the wrong one,
Thanks

mjesus (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 26th April 2010, 20:53

It worked for me too !

Thank you so much, I`m really happy I don`t have to throw away all my region 2 collection...images.reviewer.co.uk/smileys/smiley-kiss.gif

dougshields (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 3rd June 2010, 13:16

dougshields

HI, when i press eject and the clear button on the remote all that happens is that the eject door slides open. what am i doing wrong?

rob48 (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 22nd February 2011, 21:08

Thanks millions rotate and mowser.  Thought all was lost when i mixed up the 0P values with out  recording them.  Your help in posting the original values is very much appreciated.
Many Thanks Both.

gongo (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 25th May 2011, 21:10

Hi folks,  just want to say thanks to mowser and Matty1 for all their help in solving the problem
   of making  LG DRT389H  dvd recorder multi region , however I have another problem , I live in  Ireland
  and recently my son and the grand kids  arrived home from the US and I cant get the recorder to record from his dvd camera . any suggestions .

Thank you both again

This item was edited on Wednesday, 25th May 2011, 22:14

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads