Page 1 of Daewoo DRVT-40

Hack Help Forum

Daewoo DRVT-40

jasper2344 (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 14th February 2008, 19:36

Hi all i bought the above 2 months ago and like an idiot forgot to check to see if it was multi region and guess what it isnt. So does any one know of a hack to make it region free? I hope so cause i feel abit foolish at present and cant watch Space 1999 through the upscaling :(
:( :(

RE: Daewoo DRVT-40

Mike at MHC Services (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 17th February 2008, 18:43

Try the following, it`s one of the generic sequences for Daewoo DVD Kit. It worked for me on the DRVT-43, which shares a user manual with your machine.

1.Hit Setup Key & Scroll across to System Information

2.Type 1101, this should bring up the hidden option for the region selection

3.Hit 0 to make it multi-region or 1-6 to set to a specific region

I found this sequence on several sites, along with others. This was for DVD Recorders, and seemed close, so I gave it a go!

Hope it works for you.

Mike

jasper2344 (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 18th February 2008, 19:33

Mike you are a star it worked like a dream. Thanks very much. Space 1999 looks great at 1080.

RE: Daewoo DRVT-43

Stephen C (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 4th March 2008, 13:54

Hi Mike,

I also have a DRVT-43 and saw your post. This worked first time for me so thanks. I have another question regarding this model. In the manual it says that when you use the EPG you should get a small screen (lower left) showing the existing programme. This doesn`t seem to be working, or is it a feature of the DRVT-40 only. Also, is there a way to pre-select future programmes to just watch, rather than record.

I would appreciate your assistance if you can

Many thanks in advance

Best wishes & regards

This item was edited on Tuesday, 4th March 2008, 13:56

GreyHam462 (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 13th April 2008, 21:08

Hi there.
Ive just recently bought the same DVD/VCR combi, the Daewoo DRVT-40, and im unsure if im getting my DVD movies in HD.

When the DVD plays, it comes thru on the EXT.2 Source, the one where i have the player plugged in to by a scart lead.

To get HD shouldnt it be through the HDMI 1 source? I changed the source to HDMI and nothings on there.

I see youve got 1080 from yours. Whats your set up? Is there anything i need to do to get this? (I have a Samsung 40" 1080p M86 if thats of any help...)

And will also try the muti-reigon thing later, cheers.
Please reply soon, as the upscaling is what persuaded me to get this.
Thanks,
Graham.

GreyHam462 (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 15th April 2008, 11:38

right... update...

Daewoo said that i need only the hdmi going in to the tv.
They told me to take the scart going to the tv out of both ends, the player and the tv.
then they said it should have gone straight to hdmi, and everything is run through that...

but it didnt. when i took the scart out, i lost the picture of the freeview / dvd i was playing, and therefore unable to see any menus or set up guides on ext.2, and the hdmi1 source stayed blank...

a technician will call me back tomorrow.

any ideas in the mean time?

Pred (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 1st October 2008, 04:35

Any luck? I`ve now got the same problem and it would be really helpful to know what happened.

GreyHam462 (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 1st October 2008, 18:27

No I`m afraid.
I was called back by the technician, and he told me that this product doesn`t have upscaling ability. Its only an HDMI in connection, which sucks...
Shame really, on the box it said it upscaled. Bit of bad marketing from daewoo i think...
Poor quality aswell. I returned it and got a Samsung DVD/VCR recorder combo, no hdmi tho, and the freeview tuner is much clearer, and i preferr the actual unit as a whole.

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads