Page 1 of Region hack for Samsung DVD-R125 wanted

Hack Help Forum

Region hack for Samsung DVD-R125 wanted

Davei (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 24th August 2005, 13:55

I`m considering buying the Samsung DVD-R125 (a DVD recorder with HDMI connectivity). I haven`t been able to find anyone who supplies a `chipped` version, so I want to be sure it can be hacked for multiregion. Many thanks.

Does anyone have a region hack for Samsung DVD-R125 wanted?!?!

Chris Weir (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 15th September 2005, 16:49

Hi, I`ve just bought a Samsung DVD-R125 and was hoping that someone has figured out a region hack for this DVD recorder. If you have can you please let me know, it would be appreacaited.

Thanks

Chris

Samsung DVD-R125 region hack

Davei (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 16th September 2005, 08:02

Got it!!! Using the supplied Samsung remote, the procedure is as follows:

With no disc loaded, press 0 five times;
Press Repeat;
Press 3, 8, 7, 6, 7;
Current region code (2) appears in the top left-hand side of screen;
Press 9 (which will change that 2 to a 9);
Press Open followed by Close;
Machine is now multi-region.

RE: Samsung DVD-R125 region hack

asx77 (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 26th September 2005, 18:55

Hi Davei and everyone else.
I`ve got this same player and I`m using the HDMI output.
This HDMI output is HDCP enabled. I heard a rumour that if you hack the player the HDMI output is no longer HDCP compliant which stops you using the HDMI output on HDCP compliant LCDs/Plasma TVs.
Do you or anyone else know if this is true?

Thanks,
Alex

Davei (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 27th September 2005, 08:38

Hello Alex

I don`t know whether the hack disables HDCP or not, but I am using the HDMI output (to the DVI input on a Sharp Aquos LCD TV) and it works fine - so far I`ve used it with R1 (NTSC), R2 (PAL) and R4 (PAL) discs with no problem. One thing, though: the 720p and 1080i HD formats, which the machine up-converts to, are 16:9 only. This means you can`t play back 4:3 material in the correct aspect ratio (you have to revert to SD for that). I hadn`t realised this until I got the Samsung, but a bit of checking around has revealed that HD was designed as a widescreen only format.

Davei

asx77 (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 28th September 2005, 22:25

Hi,
Thanks for helping out with this question. What model Aquos are you using?
I can look at the Sharp website and if it says that the DVI input is HDCP enabled then I`ll go ahead and hack the samsung. I know that some TVs have HDMI and DVI and have one input HDCP enable and the other one non-HDCP. Useful. Unfortunately my TV only has a HDMI input and I know for a fact its HDCP.

This item was edited on Wednesday, 28th September 2005, 23:28

Davei (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 29th September 2005, 11:24

I`m using the Sharp Aquos LC-32GA3E. Although not stated in the manual, or anywhere else, I understand from Sharp that it is HDCP enabled. I made sure of this before I bought the Samsung R125.

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads