Page 1 of Region hack for tevion tsdvd1200

Hack Help Forum

Region hack for tevion tsdvd1200

madmart (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 21st January 2005, 23:43

Hi,
My tsdvd1200 will not play R1 dvd`s. All the reviews on this site state they WILL play R1`s. Is there a remote hack for this player?

RE: Region hack for tevion tsdvd1200

dragonslayer (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 8th February 2005, 12:50

Yep... I queried that as well... as although the box it was contained in did not show any region, both the back casing of the player itself AND the manual carry Region 2 logos...

But someone said on here that it was multiregion out of the box and this was also supported by by someone who said she rang the Aldi Helpline/Service Dept..and that they had told her it was multiregion.... (But then again most of Dixon`s staff would swear that DVD`s are playable in a VCR .... so that isn`t really meaningful... help/service doesn`t necessary imply knowledge.

Don`t know about mine being multi-region useable - only got R2 DVDs anyway... the DVD`s that came with another DVD player as part of a bundle and the one`s you get free in the Sunday papers... use the DVD players as a player for my MP3 CD/DVD`s attached to my hifis for 99% of the time...

clayts (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 8th February 2005, 15:51

Quick question - does your player look like this at all ?

===========================

Clayts, Moderator, DVD Reviewer
UK webmaster for Area 450 the independent Sampo/Maxent DVD site

dragonslayer (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 9th February 2005, 11:32

Ummmmmm!!!
Without having it in front of me or within easy access (at work and player at home) - it does look remarkably similar. Certainly the drawer/buttons/general fascia are extremely close, if not actually identical. The base/feet part I`m not too sure about... think they make the unit look taller than mine?... but not 100% sure.

Do reckon there is a at least a 99.9% relationship between the Tevion and this one though! :)

clayts (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 10th February 2005, 16:09

Highly likely - it is sold in Germany under the Pro2 brand name which, like Tevion, is owned by Medion.

Would be great if you could do a compare and contrast for me - bigger picture here if that`s any help :)

===========================

Clayts, Moderator, DVD Reviewer
UK webmaster for Area 450 the independent Sampo/Maxent DVD site

This item was edited on Thursday, 10th February 2005, 16:11

dragonslayer (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 14th February 2005, 09:18

Will try to stick a picture up for you. May be a couple of days before it happens though... hectic at mo and will be dashing about the next couple of days....

dragonslayer (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 18th February 2005, 14:39

Update:

Borrowed a DVD off a mate - later discovered it was Region 1 - but it played no problem!

Region FREE hack tevion tsdvd1200 (setup/vol+/vol-/vol+/vol-/select 255 with arrow keys/setup)

baan_user (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 11th June 2005, 12:26

Hi Guys,

The code free hack for this DVD is :

On the remote control press the following key :
(I think there should be no DVD in the DVD player)

setup
vol+
vol-
vol+
vol-
use arrows and select 255
setup

This will make the DVD player Tevion VISION TSDVD1200 281 codefree.

Hope this works for everyone.

E Meehan (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 11th June 2005, 13:30

Just bought a Tevion TSDVD1200 from Aldi here in Ireland. It says on the inside back page of the manual that its region 2, but I have successfully played a Region 1 DVD (Galaxy Quest) and a Region 2 DVD (House of Flying Daggers) without hacking it.

The only problem was when I put in the R1 DVD the player assumed NTSC for television type so I only got black and white. Pushing SYSTEM toggled to the television setting to PAL and that fixed it.

There is some vibration noise from the deck when its playing but it costs here in Ireland 37 euro!!!! Thats about 20 quid! Hell, if I get fed up with it I`ll just throw it out!!!

Eoin

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads