Lord Jim (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 16th December 2004, 11:54

Need Hack for Targa DP-5100x

RE: Hack for Targa DP-5100x

Canarge (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 16th December 2004, 19:12

So Did I Got this far

Power On
Pause 1472

This gets you to the EPROM page Don`t know what to alter

Seems to be based upon an LG 6053 unit however it seems you need to burn a firmware update , or maybe just alter one of the values .

Over to You

bodged (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 16th December 2004, 20:25

The targa DP-5100x has played everything ive chucked at it so far im verry impressed
the problem is i cant find a region hack for it anywhere can anybody help please
appart from that i am totally impressed even plays .avi files :-) well worth the money and if i can get it region and macrovision free as well that would be the iceing on the cake
thanks in advance for any help.

bodged (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 17th December 2004, 00:41

http://www.targa.gmxhome.de/frieschalten_des_regionalcodes.htm

this link gives you the bios update can anyone read german better than me

Lord Jim (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 17th December 2004, 10:12

I`ll try this and if it works I`ll post the info in english for you. Thanks for this info.
Jim

This Hack for Targa 5100x WORKS

Lord Jim (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 17th December 2004, 15:42

OK Guys Try This;
Go to this site http://www.targa.gmxhome.de/frieschalten_des_regionalcodes.htm
Download the file kpjct19_1.dvd to your Desktop.Make SURE this file is named EXACTLY this way if not rename it. Now create another folder on your desktop called
RMTM0000 inside this folder create another folder called SCARLET . Now copy the
kpjct19_1.dvd file from your desktop and paste it into the SCARLET Folder.
Now burn the RMTM0000 folder to a CD.
After this is finished place the CD into your Targa Player and close the door. You will get a screen telling you the unit is on region 2 select 0-6 to change. Select 0 and press pause button to save. WALLA Enjoy all Movies.
Jim

RE: This Hack for Targa 5100x WORKS

Canarge (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 17th December 2004, 16:35

Works perfectly
Thanks . Just a thought does this alter the Eprom Screen with the PAUSE 1472 function , never thought to check before I applied the Hack . Can anyone confirm this , might be an alternative way to hack , or to reset machine if it needs to return to manufacturer. Anyway Brilliant Hack

Setanter (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 17th December 2004, 16:45

You can get the same hack without doing all the folder thing from http://www.math.uga.edu/~djb/html/dvd.html and download the file FreeZoneLG6053.exe. :)

bodged (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 17th December 2004, 20:46

The hack does indeed work perfectly

Dont change the file name you download from the tatga site or it will read as a bad disc Thanks to all who helped make the iceing on the cake......for me anyway :)

The second thing is the pause 1472 Eprom screen is not affected and reads the same before as it does after ,after reading the post from canarge i did check just to make shure

Again thanks to all who made this possible i think it would be hard to find a better machine for the price

This item was edited on Friday, 17th December 2004, 20:48

halo259 (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 19th December 2004, 00:27

Hi there. Ive tryed your solution on making my targa multi region, but i dont understand how to do it.
I downloaded kpjc19_1 but im not sure what RMTM0000 & SCARLET are?. Are they programs? If so were do you get them from?
Would be great if you could help me out.

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads