Latest Forum Posts

Page 1 of Need a multi region hack for a TEVION HT95

Hack Help Forum

Need a multi region hack for a TEVION HT95

David Oxford (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 25th September 2003, 09:28

Does anyone have a hack to change a Tevion HT95 into a multi region dvd player. Have just bought one from Aldi. Any help will be appreciated.

David Oxford

RE: Need a multi region hack for a TEVION HT95

Julian B (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 25th September 2003, 10:39

Hi David, I need this too. Can you make sure you post back here if you get it and I will do the same if I get it elswhere.

Cheers

Julian

DesOB (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 25th September 2003, 12:50

Hi David/Julian,

I`m in the same boat.

also does anyone have a VCD hack for the TEVION HT95?

The box says that the dvd has AV input. can i connect a VCR to this unit?

any info on the TEVION HT95 would be most appreciated.

DesOB

Skinnelli (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 25th September 2003, 17:22

Hi All,

My Father-in-Law bought the TEVION HT95 today, I have set it up for him and found that it is a very good machine for only £89 :o, however, after reading the documentation, it looks like the makers can`t actually state that it is a multi region machine, even though it has all the features, (NTSC compatible, etc..), so would anyone be kind enough to supply the hack, or does anyone know if the other TEVION DVD player hack that is on this site works with the HT95?...

He would really appreciate it, as he want`s to watch Pirates of the Caribbean on region 1 in December, he can`t get to a cinema, due to a knackered hip....

Thanks

Skinnelli

Julian B (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 25th September 2003, 17:32

Hi,

I phoned Tevion today and as expectd they could not give me the hack, however the guy said I should be able to find the hack on the net somewhere. This leads me to believe that there is a hack somewhere!

Julian

Lottie Boy (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 26th September 2003, 11:18

I`m in the same boat. Plan to try the following but won`t know until this weekend as that`s when I`ll get a chance. As for the TEVION 200

If anyone else wants to have a go before then, then here it is.

How to convert your Tevion DVD-200 player into a multi-region compatible machine

This hack also works on the Matsui DVD-110 and Matsui DVD-122

To convert this player to Multi-Region
1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Press the 1 button on your remote control
3. Press the 6 button on your remote control
4. Press the 7 button on your remote control
5. Press 1 for Region 1, 2 for Region 2, and so on, or alternatively Mute button on your remote control for All Regions
To convert this player for VCD playback
1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2. Place an audio CD in the drive tray
3. Press the Open button on your remote control to close the drive tray
4. Press the Menu button on your remote control
5. Press the 1 button on your remote control
6. Press the Index (1-All) button on your remote control
7. Press the Open button on your remote control
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control

I know this was already mentioned above. Let me know how it goes if you try it. One way or the other!!!

Other option is to find a hack for the PANASONIC SC-HT 95 which would appear to be the same machine in a different box I think. Can anyone confirm that?? I`ve tried to find a hack for it as well, but have had no luck so far. So any info. on the PANASONIC would likely be of use.....

L

This item was edited on Friday, 26th September 2003, 12:31

Julian B (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 26th September 2003, 14:07

Hi,

The first thing I tried was the hack for the Tevion 200 and no joy.

As for the Panasonic the only resemblance it has with the Tevion HT95 is the "HT95" and its silver!!! :-) So don`t waste you time looking.

Cheers

Julian

Lottie Boy (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 26th September 2003, 14:59

Oh well. saves me trying!!!

I`m still not convinced there isn`t a connection though between the TEVION and the PANASONIC. As well as being silver and having the same brand name - HT95, a lot of the main buttons, volume control etc., appear to be in the same position. Surely it`s worth a try!!! Mind you I`ve had no luck finding anything anyway!!! :(

combey (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 28th September 2003, 08:36

I bought the Tevion HT95 and it is indeed a fab machine. It played all the VCDs I threw at it, so I`m a bit curious as to why you need a VCD hack for the machine????

However, I am a bit disappointed and angry at something. The info on the box clearly states that the machine has an AV input, so I thought I could connect my VCR, tape-deck, computer or whatever through it and have it replace my current amp. But NO, there doesn`t appear to be any inputs at all, other than for the radio aerial. :( Part of me wants to take the machine back to Aldi and get a refund - part of me wants to keep it `cos it`s a nice piece of kit. Unless I missed something, I am right that there is NO AV INPUT?

I`ll keep popping back to see if anyone comes up with the multiregion hack.

This item was edited on Sunday, 28th September 2003, 09:37

Barry N (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 28th September 2003, 10:23

Baz N. I agree, it clearly states on the box av input/output I bought my HT95 Thursday 25th Sept its now sunday, still not found it! Good bit of kit though, do we realy need the hacks? I will keep checking back

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads