Page 1 of Philips DVD 625 (Hack Required)

Hack Help Forum

Philips DVD 625 (Hack Required)

Mirlo (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 7th April 2003, 14:46

Philips have just launched this cheap new player. The 750 hack does not work. The 634 hack doesn`t work either.
Has anyone got any idea ?

Thanks

RE: Philips DVD 625 (Hack Required)

sidjames (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 8th May 2003, 09:21

Hi,
Has anyone got a hack for the DVD 625 yet.

Sid

sidjames (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 8th May 2003, 13:20

Hi,
I found this hack, I don`t know if it works can anyone confirm.

Open Disc tray.
Enter with remote 9,9,9,9,0
Close Disc tray.

Regs
Sid

HappyJack (Harmless) posted this on Sunday, 11th May 2003, 09:39

Hi,
Thanks for the hack. It seems to permanently set the player to Region 0 and will play RCE encoded disc`s.

HappyJack.

sidjames (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 12th May 2003, 06:35

Hi,
Did you get anything in the screen when you entered the code.

Sid

TRX850 (Competent) posted this on Monday, 12th May 2003, 19:59

I`ve just tried the above hack on my Phillips DVD 625 and it didn`t work first time.

You need to try and load a R1 disc first, when the on screen display says "wrong region" then open the disc tray and enter the 9,9,9,9,0 code with your hand set.

When you close the tray the display will then confirm that the player is set to region 0.

By the way, if you enter the last digit of the hack as 1, the player confirms that it is now set as region 1 rather than 0, this could be usefull when trying to play RCE encoded discs.

All the best Pete.

This item was edited on Monday, 12th May 2003, 21:02

Johnny Funder (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 1st August 2003, 07:05

I have just bought a DVD625 in Denmark and tried the hack, but unfortunately it didn`t work. Any other ideas ?

rgds
Johnny Funder

bigjonnyauk (Harmless) posted this on Friday, 5th September 2003, 23:58

hi i am getting delivery of one of these for me bedroom picked up very cheap so can a few more people confirm if this really works or does this hack work and do you need to do it each time you watch a different region

help please

wife bought me as a present its region 2 but aint got the heart to tell her most of my collection is region 1

smooth (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 8th September 2003, 07:47

Hi,
The hack works perfectly for me. You just follow the instructions and you will have a region free DVD player.

Open the CD tray, enter the code with your remote 9,9,9,9,0 "Region 0" should appear on your screen and you are all done. You need not enter the code again. It will play all regions. If that doesn`t do the trick contact me and I will try to find out why.

Good luck, Nice present by the way!! It`s a cool collection I just wish some will come up with a firmware upgrade to play WMA audio tracks and AVI video. The mpeg and MP3 capabilities are cool!

~~*SMOOTH*~~

This item was edited on Monday, 8th September 2003, 08:49

MarianTandil (Harmless) posted this on Wednesday, 10th September 2003, 11:36

I´ve bougth the Philips DVD 625 just a couple of days before, here in Argentina, i´ve used the Hack and worked perfect, it´s great!!, when you enter the code should appear:

Region:0

Of course, in case you set that one, you can set any region you want. I don´t have tried yet, but i´m pretty sure that you can change this setting any times you want without problems. Good luck!

This item was edited on Wednesday, 10th September 2003, 12:39

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads