Page 1 of Is Region 1 Aiwa 370 hackable

Hack Help Forum

Is Region 1 Aiwa 370 hackable

mvkaneria (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 30th December 2000, 22:55

Hello. If I buy the Aiwa 370 in USA, is it hackable? Does the hack take care of macrovision. How is this player? Can some one help me with the hack procedure if its hackable?
Thanks a lot
MK

RE: Is Region 1 Aiwa 370 hackable

Sam Adams (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 1st January 2001, 11:30

I do not think that the 370 US is hackable.. i work at Circuit City in the video dept, and have tried the hacks for the aiwa and the Phillips 711.. both appear to work.. if you type in the code for aiwa it brings the place to enter a code, i enter it..i have tried 0 for all region and 2 for region 2, but it still wont play my region 2 disc. neither will the phillips...
if you find anythin else out on the subject please pass the info on to me...
sam

Jimbo :oÞ (Elite Donator) posted this on Monday, 1st January 2001, 11:33

>>"both appear to work.. if you type in the code for aiwa it brings the place to enter a code, i enter it..i have tried 0 for all region and 2 for region 2, but it still wont play my region 2 disc. neither will the phillips..."

Sam, did you press "Pause" after entering the region and then switch off and on again?
If "COdE - -" appears on an Aiwa machine, that means it`s got hackable firmware!!
Email me..we need to go into detail on this! :o)
And no, it doesn`t disable Macro!

AIWA 370 (officially) ROCKS!!!!!!!!

mvkaneria (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Monday, 1st January 2001, 23:32

Hey Sam ball is back in your court. Let us know if what Jimbo said works. I mean the " code , pause and on and off thing" Boy I am desperate. By the way if it does work would it play DVD from India.
MK

Sam Adams (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 2nd January 2001, 21:18

Well I went in to work on my day off to try it again.. and i could not do it.. I did everything just as it was supposed to.. hit pause after the code, turned it off an waited, turned it back on... put in my disc.. and got the dreaded "check disc". I went in and pulled up the firm ware screen.. everything was identical except the last line which looked like this...
55 53 00 4E 10 00 00 00
if there is anything else which can be done let me know and i will try it again...

Jimbo :oÞ (Elite Donator) posted this on Tuesday, 2nd January 2001, 21:46

MV, I`ve already spoken to Sam on this.

The problem is that he HAS converted the player to multi region!
The Aiwa will NOT play a PAL disc in NTSC mode, and as US players do not have the "NTSC/PAL/AUTO" switch it gives the "Check Disc" message.

My player does exactly the same if set to NTSC.
If the hack didn`t work, it would have given the "Check Regional Code" message, like the one on my site!

AIWA 370 (officially) ROCKS!!!!!!!

mvkaneria (Mostly Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 2nd January 2001, 23:47

Hey so I guess we can now conclude that
" AIWA 370 FOR usa REGION ONE WHICH DOES NOT HAVE A
PAL/NTSC/AUTO SWITCH IN THE BACK IS NOT CRACKABLE. IT IS ONLY A NTSC MODEL. HOWEVER THE AIWA 370 UK MODEL WITH THE SWITCH IN THE BACK CAN BE MADE REGION FREE"

THANKS SAM AND JIMBO

Jimbo :oÞ (Elite Donator) posted this on Tuesday, 2nd January 2001, 23:52

Well, technically MV, no.
It IS hackable, but will only play NTSC coded discs, eg R2`s from Japan.

I know this isn`t much help, but if your TV is multi standard, what about a Euro or UK player using a voltage stepper to 240V?
Or if your TV is NOT multi standard, you could get a signal converter to revert the PAL signal back to NTSC!

Just an idea! ;o)

AIWA 370 (officially) ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

crazybee (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 11th January 2001, 23:21

i have a US aiwa 370. will it play a region 3 NTSC disc if i input the code? e-mail at 71hsa[at]ten.ygidorp

lievn (Competent) posted this on Friday, 12th January 2001, 00:48

I think it should work.
Since there is no PAL conversion problem.

¦°e\/[\]

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads