last post by Jitendar Canth
[VIDEO] Star Wars: Ahsoka
last post by Par Mizan

Page 1 of Samsung S224

Hack Help Forum

Samsung S224

Jass (Harmless) posted this on Thursday, 17th October 2002, 19:34

Can anyone please tell me how to make my machine play Region 1 dvd`s,

I have tried some of the ways suggested, obviously without success, what can I be doing wrong?

RE: Samsung S224

Mike G (Elite) posted this on Friday, 18th October 2002, 10:34

Here are some detailed hack instructions:

1) Turn on your player. If there is a disc in the player, remove it and close the tray. Hold down PLAY and STOP on the front panel until the language select screen appears on your TV screen.

2) Select 1 for English. The "splash screen" (Samsung logo, or screen saver) should appear on the TV, with "No Disc" in the front panel display.

3) Press the following buttons, on the remote, in sequence: REPEAT, 5, 7, 5, 3, 8.

Tips for step 3:

* If you`re unsure about how quickly you should enter the sequence, roughly one button press per second should do the trick, i.e. press REPEAT, wait one second, press 5, wait one second, and so on.

* When doing the sequence, make sure you press the actual REPEAT button, *not* REPEAT A-B.

* Don`t take any notice of what is appearing on screen while you`re entering the sequence. It`s easiest to just keep your eyes on the remote.

4) If you have done step 3 correctly, the number "2" (or "02") should now be visible on the TV screen. Press 9 on your remote, and the displayed number should change to "9" (or "09").

5) *Immediately* press OPEN/CLOSE on your remote to open the tray. You *must* press OPEN/CLOSE while "9" (or "09") is still showing on the TV screen, otherwise the hack will not work!

6) When the tray has opened, wait at least 15 seconds, then press POWER on your remote. This will close the tray and put the player into standby mode.

7) Wait at least another 15 seconds, then press POWER again to turn on the player. You should now be able to play DVDs from all regions.

Follow these instructions exactly - please let me know if the hack fails to work, and if so, at what point.

There *could* be a firmware issue with these players much like the old DVD-M series machines, but I don`t know one way or the other yet.

Mike

Jass (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 19th October 2002, 21:00

Dear Mike

Thank you for your assistance, but alas I only get as far as Step 2

Soon as I press "REPEAT" the "No Disc" disapears off the screen (remains on the player panel) and as I attempt to put the numbers in nothing happens.

THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING.

What is happening?

Jass

outsider (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 27th January 2003, 23:19

thanks for that Mike, i tryed that and it worked perfectaly for me :)

might i suggest if ne one experiences problems that they use a longer pause between each button press? my first try didn't work but i think i was rushing it

probably a silly question but once i did this hack i was convinced that the wide screen bars were bigger than before (i viewed my region 2 copy of LotR)... i am sure this is not the case but confirmation of such from someone in the know would b great :)

thanks again!

Mike G (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 28th January 2003, 16:22

It`s not a silly question - firstly, do you have a widescreen TV? If so, when doing the hack, did you do the reset step (i.e. holding down Play and Stop)? If so, the player will be reset to "4:3 letterbox" mode, which explains the wider black bars.

You`ll need to set it back to 16:9 mode in the options menu, along with any other options that you changed from the default.

Mike

This item was edited on Tuesday, 28th January 2003, 16:22

outsider (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 11th February 2003, 16:35

no, no wide screen as yet... now i have watched a few dvds on it i am 100% satisfied it is fine :)

i think any perceived problem is with my telly - i plan on getting a new one soon and will run through those instructions when i get it

cheers again, v helpful :)

tom

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads