Page 1 of TOSHIBA FIRMWARES

Hack Help Forum

TOSHIBA FIRMWARES

MrBosh (Harmless) posted this on Monday, 7th October 2002, 21:10

I`ve read a lot about the firmware hack updates which apparently work for the Toshiba SD120E and SD220E. Does anyone know if it works on the SD100E which I have or other variants?
If Toshiba firmware is generic (which I dont know if it is) there shouldn`t be a problem. However I`m reluctant to go ahead and flash my ROM with something incompatible which could ultimately render my player useless.
I am aware the SD100E is capable of firmware dynamic upgrades. Any suggestions if this would work or, where I might obtain a binary file compatible with my model?

Thanx!

RE: TOSHIBA FIRMWARES

Fu Que (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 8th October 2002, 09:20

a lot of people are cunfused about this upgrade disk for the 120 and 220 , it DOES NOT ALTER THE FIRMWARE !! , it is an upgrade disk that alters the players SETTINGS to Auto Region , it DOES NOT ALTER FIRMWARE!

It does not work on anything older than 120 / 220 so it does not work on 110 / 210 / 100 etc ....

john-306 (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 8th October 2002, 19:19

Just to clear this up...

According to Toshiba customer services, there is a firmware upgrade disc, this upgrades the firmware on 220e players to v1.5 (stops branching issues) this is not a multi-region upgrade.
They only supply dealers with this disc, wouldn`t send it direct to me.

Richer sounds I know have the multi region upgrade disc, they used it while I waited.

John.

Fu Que (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 8th October 2002, 19:51

that disk is a completely different animal to the Multiregion upgrade disk

MrBosh (Harmless) posted this on Tuesday, 8th October 2002, 21:31

Ok thanks people, so we have established the difference between firmware upgrades and the internet available files which change the region properties on 120/220`s.

At least this proves in part some Tosh`s can be hacked even if it requires a bit more hassle with burning cd`s etc.

Based on this theory I see no reason why if it were available, a binary could do the same for older players like my SD100E to allow the player to enter the auto region mode.

In the meantime, can anyone recommend a cheap chipping company because some of the charges by companies are astronomical and not far off the price of a new multiregion player.

Fu Que (Competent) posted this on Tuesday, 8th October 2002, 22:16

it cant work on older machines because the "routine" is not bulit into the firmware for the disk to activate , if I try to tell you a link here it gets blocked such as you can buy a chip for £20 from d******* !!

You need to ask on a less censored forum like www.thedvdforums.com

mark1972 (Harmless) posted this on Saturday, 29th November 2003, 13:19

Hi all- can anyone help?

i`ve used the multi region disc on my toshiba 125e and it works great- though it does play ntsc discs in black and white, i figure that`s to do with the tv, not the player...

my main problem is that when i put a regular (region 2 ) disc in the player i lost the signal to my telly (as if the aerial failed.. it was just static) and it`s stayed like this ever since.

i can still put in region 1 and play those (in b/w), but not region 2!!! messed up, huh?

it`d be great if anyone has any ideas-
thanks in advance

Mark

Go back to Hack Help Forum threads, or All Forum threads