Page 1 of Ebay sucks sometimes

General Forum

Ebay sucks sometimes

badboybez (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 5th February 2008, 22:42

Sellers not allowed to leave negatives! >:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

RE: Ebay sucks sometimes

sj (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 06:59

Actually, I think there are lots of benefits to this .
I hate paying instantly and waiting weeks with no replies or feedback to then `have to` leave a +ve for fear of `retaliation`.
Sellers doing this have caused this move...

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Andy c (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 09:19

I agree. The whole point of the feedback system was supposed to be the seller leaves you feedback as soon as you pay as your part of the transaction is completed. Now you are lucky if one in twenty works this way. Most wait until you have posted your feedback until they do the same. If you leave feedback to say that the item isn`t as described or faulty and they ignore your complaints/emails, you are more than likely to leave feedback that is negative and say you are not impressed with their service. They then leave you a negative in retaliation .

JohnnyTV (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 09:26

So basically the w***ers on there have ruined things, what a surprise. So now what do you do as a seller when someone doesn`t pay?

There`s loads of "new users" that pop up and bid on your stuff only to not pay, so now they can leave you a neg and you can`t warn others about them??

UQ Web Design

retrogeezer (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 15:49

I`ve sold 10 things in the last 2 weeks, one nintendo game someone used buy-it-now for on Friday 25th Feb, and I`m still waiting for payment. Another sniped an auction in the dying seconds on Sunday evening and has yet to make contact!

So as a seller I should be leaving negs for these jokers but am likely to get one in retaliation.

It works both ways and the feedback system is a waste of time.

People leave negs for sellers due to postal delays or damage in the post - how is that a sellers fault???

why take life so seriously..its not like you are going to make it out alive

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 16:41

it was my understanding that there`s a new system in place that doesn`t allow either party in the transaction to see the other`s feedback entry until both had been written, that way retaliatory negs aren`t technically possible

============================
Curse this infernal alcohol...

Writer`s Release
My Collection

Andy c (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 20:15

Seems a good idea and should be better for both sides.

sj (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 22:59

I`m assuming they can still file non paying bidder reports etc..
Quote:
People leave negs for sellers due to postal delays or damage in the post - how is that a sellers fault???
Can be when you`ve paid £3-4 for recorded delivery and it arrives in a normal envelope with a 1st class stamp on. Despite feeling ripped off you still need to leave a positive.
How many sellers here honestly leave feedback once they`ve been paid?...

Ste

We will pay the price but we will not count the cost..

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 23:37

Quote:
you`ve paid £3-4 for recorded delivery and it arrives in a normal envelope with a 1st class stamp on.

or pay £2 for postage and it comes with a printed `sticker stamp` to the value of 70p...

============================
Curse this infernal alcohol...

Writer`s Release
My Collection

Andy_R (Elite) posted this on Wednesday, 6th February 2008, 23:50

With regards to paying too much postage......if you think it`s too high then don`t buy it!

I recently bought a 2GB microSD card on ebay for 99p. The postage was £4.99...ridiculous I know as the seller was from this country....but all in all it came to under £6 which is still a bargain.

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=569747553

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads