[VIDEO] Living on Youtube
last post by frankmsaad
[VIDEO] Peacemaker
last post by admars
[VIDEO] Star Wars: The Acolyte
last post by Pete-MK
The Responder
last post by admars

Page 1 of Reccomend me a new ISP (moving to non-cabled area)

General Forum

Reccomend me a new ISP (moving to non-cabled area)

Wedge G (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th March 2007, 19:59

Hi guys and gals,

I`m shortly moving out of home (at last!) to a new flat but unfortunately its in a non-cabled part of town so I won`t be able to take my NTL/Virgin account with me.

Typically, the area I`ll be moving to will only get a max speed of 3.5MB (already checked the BT checker). Just wondered if anyone could reccommend me a good ISP.

The only thing I really need is someone that isn`t too strict on the monthly allowance as I download a fair bit of tv from the states.

Hope someone can help,

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum mods)

RE: Reccomend me a new ISP (moving to non-cabled area)

Ivan Dobsky (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th March 2007, 20:19

Have a look at thinkbroadband.com, if you check the forums you might get an idea of some of the better (and worse) providers.
I`m with PlusNet, and have been very happy with their service (although no doubt others will tell you they are rubbish - same as will happen with any ISP (some people even praise AOL, for example)).

Wedge G (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th March 2007, 20:36

Quote:
(some people even praise AOL, for example)

well pre-broadband I was with AOL, but as AOL is now part of TalkTalk and the amount of problems I know people have had with them I had more or less written them off!

enemyonpc (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th March 2007, 20:57

I`ve been with AOL since 2001 and i haven`t had a single problem, except when i first installed my router and even then that was sorted over the phone with them in no time. No capped downloads and no fair use policy:D

Regards
Bryan

W@yne (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th March 2007, 23:28

I`d recommend UKFSN

I`m on the Home Max 30 package which gives me 30GB/month peak and 300GB/month off-peak download limits for £19.99 on a monthly contract , I joined up after reading the ratings here.

The speed does sometimes slow down to 2Mb around 10 PM ( start of off peak hours ) when everyone starts to download the internet but it normally picks back up soon after the surge , they have a webpage that tells you how busy the network is and what speeds you can expect here.

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads