Page 1 of Web domain help needed !

General Forum

Web domain help needed !

richardbradley66 (Competent) posted this on Thursday, 9th November 2006, 18:37

I have a web site name i want to register and its still available. Now i understand i need the site to be hosted too. Trouble is , it seems that there are a million of these sites and all i want is a beginners site so i can play around and learn.

My basic needs are:

1. That the site needs to be able to have a place where people can add their email address (sign up) and i can get back to them from the site via email.

2. That the site has 3 pages i can change/update, do whatever i want with.

3. That the site is hosted, including anti virus, email addresses etc..

4. Price includes all this plus the domain name i want. (Already checked, and its available everywhere as a ".com")

Thats it !

Im told that i can get all this for less than £40 a year. Is this possible, without the site insisting that i put one of their links on there?

Thanks again guys,

Richie.

RE: Web domain help needed !

Rassilon (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th November 2006, 18:52

I use Clara net for my hosting costs about £30 for the year (£2.50 PCM).

1.0GB transfer limit per month.
10MB webspace.
10 POP Boxes.
Full newsgroup access *
Email redirection.
Email filtering.
Email responders.
POP3 email delivery.
Web based email access.
Account control Interface.
Unlimited local rate Internet access and email **
RAID hosting (Redundant Array of Independent Disks).
Domain name registration (.co.uk, .com, .org, org.uk, .net).
Group aliases.
FTP access.

I don`t use the domain as such merely as a e-mail portal for my business.

I consider myself an optimist, albeit an optimist with cynical tendencies and a dark side that Lucifer himself would find a little creepy. (Perhaps you've noticed.) You don't normally associate cynicism with an upbeat pov. But I have exactly that combination and will defend it.

This item was edited on Thursday, 9th November 2006, 18:55

random username (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th November 2006, 19:31

I pay £9.99 a year for 50mb space, and 1gb a month bandwidth with these people http://www.penguin-uk.com/. I have other hosting that is relatively cheaper (much more space for around the same money) but this is the most reliable one I use.

admars (Elite) posted this on Thursday, 9th November 2006, 20:11

I use web-mania.com cos a mate recommended them they`re reliable and cheap :)

Another mate uses http://www.34sp.com/ i think cos the company he used to work for used them but they do cheaper tarifs for private individuals to businesses

Sounds like what you want is pretty basic so any isp or web hosting company should be able to sort you out.

Actually, it sounds like you want some-one to make the site for you? Most just supply space on a server, and you upload the files and they sort out the magic to make wwww.yourdomain.com available to everyone.

Al

This item was edited on Thursday, 9th November 2006, 20:17

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads