Page 1 of What Moron gave `The Streets` a contract?

General Forum

What Moron gave `The Streets` a contract?

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 22:37

Just seen them `perform` live on Johnny Ross` show and oh my good lord I tried and I tried but I could not spot any talent or charisma of any kind whatsoever.

I`m normally ok with the the recent stuff, D12`s lastest is catchy, humerous, and dare I say it, toe-tappingly good, but this effort i`ve just witnessed (some chav in a hoodie talking into a microphone while some tossers off the street make noise with instruments) just makes me despair for the kids who actually buy this crap.

============================
I ate what?

My Collection

RE: What Moron gave `The Streets` a contract?

RWB (Elite) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 22:40

Quote:
(some chav in a hoodie talking into a microphone while some tossers off the street make noise with instruments)

LMAO! :D

My DVD Collection

HaGGis! (Elite) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 22:53

I actually like the Streets... they were class at glastonbury... and the new video is very good

Robert Terwilliger (Elite) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 23:02

hey dont diss da streets man...its a hip hop/garage fusion with an R n` B flava keepin it real on the uk scene....oh no...hang on your right.....they are indeed s***e :D

He is king of the chavs...proof that any fool in a burberry cap and a hoodie can make it from the street corner posse to the charts without any talent whatsoever. I bet his royalties are spent on a Nova and a selection of sov rings from Argos :p

My DVD Collection

cfgte3 (Elite) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 23:10

Totally agree, utter utter crap. I may be completely p***ed at the moment but if I`m sure of anything it is my puzzlement at this complete turd burgler`s success. My sister loves him, saw him perform for CD:UK last weekend. She`ll learn. In time she`ll learn I`m sure.

Rich

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 23:12

Not a nova...

============================
I ate what?

My Collection

Butterfield8 (Elite) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 23:16

This could, potentially, damage Haggis` vote percentage - just imagine all of the people who don`t like `em!

I am, in a way, impartial as I like some of the tunes they knock out - but hate a couple of others I have heard....generally a g-r-e-a-t listen though I must say! :-):-)

Rob

xfg (Elite Donator) posted this on Friday, 30th April 2004, 23:30

Am I misunderstanding The Streets - is his Chavness ironic?
I thought it was. :/

--
Please visit ::soundalikes.com::

This item was edited on Saturday, 1st May 2004, 00:31

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 1st May 2004, 00:10

I`ve been feeling a bit like a high court judge reading this thread ie: not a bloody clue what your on about.
Until I tried the site tacked onto the pic of that abomination with four wheels.

Why didn`t you say your talking about Scallies (though I`d spell it with a Y)

You can go a long way with no musical talent whatsoever. The Sex Pistols managed it.

Snaps

All skill is in vain when an angel p*sses in the flintlock of your musket.

ebony.branch (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 1st May 2004, 01:15

Come on, you can`t have a go at The Streets. They`re a bit crap live, from what I`ve seen, but their records are generally pretty good. The way they play with rhythms is particularly clever; I`m not suprised they struggle to do it onstage.

Sean Paul, on the other hand, is the talentless spawn of a Burberry devil....

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads